Yes " is a popular song with music by Lou Handman and lyrics by Roy Turk. I posted something on another thread a little bit ago and discovered that I had missed a "" and the whole thing wound up in italics.It couldn't have been much more that a minute or two later, the whole thing was fix. I went down to the river to watch the fish swim by But I got to the river so lonesome I wanted to die, oh Lord And then I jumped in the river, but the doggone river was dry I had me a woman, she couldn't be true She made me for my money and she made me blue A man needs a woman that he can lean on But my leanin' post is done left and gone She's long gone, and now I'm lonesome blue Gonna find me . Summer had every minute of that beating coming for being so rude to Gator. The favorite song of Parker's wife, Marie Mott (who knew the song from Gene Austin's act, since he was also managed at the time by her husband),[24] it was the only time he intervened in Presley's choice of repertoire. Carter, Sara Carter written by Misselvia Danish, Har du drukket, min ven It is all as if they are singing to Elvis personally, thru the media of recording, Billboard noted. [39] In 2008 (the 50th anniversary of Billboard's Hot 100), the song was number 81 on the magazine's "Hot 100 All-Time Top Songs" list.[40]. entered Billboards Hot 100 at #35 on November 11, 1960. This sort of distilled, grotesque indulgence will suit few tastes; nor is it Brite's best. SATB choir and piano sheet music book by : Bourne Music at Sheet Music Plus. Presley returned to the studio with his band, consisting of Scotty Moore, drummer D. J. Fontana, pianist Floyd Cramer, guitarist Hank Garland, bassist Bobby Moore, percussionist Buddy Harman, and the Jordanaires, on April 3. I enjoyed reading it. It was a pretty heady start to Simon's career and after such success playing Elvis, if people wondered whether he could play other parts, he proved himself by taking over the role of Marius in Les . Here are my thoughts on this weekend's AT40: The 70's episode of August 18, 1979 after listening to it on WLS 94.7 FM Chicago: * The 1979 shows start with the second hour, the song that started the second hour of the August 18, 1979 AT40 episode was the highest debut of that week at #33: "Cruel to Be Kind" by Nick Lowe. That first full take, bumping stands and all, is the recording that went to number one for Elvis Presley and went on to become one of his signature tunes. Hungarian, Sveinbjrn Briem was released in November 1960 it was an immediate success in the U.S., topping Billboard's Pop Singles chart and reaching number three on the R&B chart. Jeanne Black went a little different route. (7", Single) Add to Watch list. Elvis Presley was just eighteen when he fell in love with a beautiful 16-year-old French dancer--his first and only true love. I am a big fan of the song "Are you lonesome tonight". [26], "Are You Lonesome Tonight?" [14] With "No Sad Songs For Me" on the B-side, it was released by Decca Records in June. More to explore: 1960s Elvis Presley 7" Pop Single Vinyl Records, Elvis . They based the bridge on a line in Ruggero Leoncavallo's Pagliacci,[1] and "You know someone said that the world's a stage. [35], The success of "Are You Lonesome Tonight?" Composition and early versions. Are You Lonesome Tonight? The arrangement used in Elvis's version is based on the 1950 recording of Are You Lonesome Tonight by the Blue Barron Orchestra.The spoken part is loosely based on a speech by Jacques in Shakespeare's \"As You Like It\", Act II Scene VII: \"All the world's a stage, and all men and women merely players: they have their exits and their entrances; And one man in his time plays many parts.\"Extended information regarding AYLT:http://davidneale.eu/elvis/aylt/index.htmlInteresting link:http://www.louhandman.com/bio/index.htmlThis video is for educational purpose and not for financial gains. On March 27, 1992, the RIAA certified "Are You Lonesome Tonight?" A Soul Train dancer takes us through a day on the show, and explains what you had to do to get camera time. [21] To improve the recording of Presley's voice, engineer Bill Porter had Telefunken U-47 microphones installed. When "Are You Lonesome Tonight?" was released in November 1960 it was an immediate success in the U.S., topping Billboard's Pop Singles chart and reaching number three on the R&B chart. It looks, therefore, as if Roy Turk's lyrics were set to music twice: the familiar song as Elvis recorded it and an earlier version, with music by Little and Britt. $1.95 $1.85. [12] Billboard called it a: "dreamy waltz (that) gets effective treatment (on the recording)". written by Lennart Reuterskild written by Arne Bendiksen 1 singing act in the business," noted Billboard of the Colonel. [22] A follow-up session was scheduled for April. Variety reported that at first the publishers werent anxious for an answer song so soon after the release of the Presley disk for fear that it hurt the originals sales momentum. However, since all four recordings adhered to the original lyrics, they couldnt be stopped, and when it became clear that nothing was hindering sales of Elviss record, the publishers were said to be walking on clouds.. "Sort of confirms his belief that Elvis remains the No. When it was released in early November 1960, both Variety and Billboard predicted hit status for the record. The song was originally recorded in 1927 by Charles Hart and became a hit in 1928. 3 (1963) was written in 1926 by a couple of vaudevillian writers -- lyricist Roy Turk and composer Lou Handman -- who, between the . The idea, as you can see, was relatively simple. Handman had a hand in the initial recording of his song, when he played piano on his sister Ediths vocal rendition in 1927. It was Jaye P. Morgan's minor hit in 1959. Several artists have recorded this song and the most famous of all made it a b. And he is alive anyways. "When seeds that you sow grow by the wicked moon/Be sure your sins will find you out/Your past will hunt you down and turn to tell on you. [6] On June 13, Vaughn De Leath recorded the song as the B-side of "It's a Million to One You're in Love" for Edison Records (Ed-52044). Elvis was a transgressive rocker, but around this time he recording oldies. [30] The song topped the Cash Box singles chart[31] and reached number 45 on the Cash Box country singles chart. The spoken part was not part of the original published lyrics, and so speculation grew around who had penned those words. Lou Handman (musik) Roy Turk (text) Are You Lonesome Tonight? World's Largest Sheet Music Selection. This answer is: . Who Wrote the Book of Love? I think the ingredient that best describes our . 3 (1963) was written in 1926 by a couple of vaudevillian writers -- lyricist Roy Turk and composer Lou Handman -- who, between the . In 1950 the Blue Barron Orchestra version reached the top twenty on the Billboard's Pop Singles chart. The answer records, complete with heartfelt recitations, include diskings by Dodie Stevens on Dot, Linda Lee on Shasta, Ricky Page on Rendezvous, Thelma Carpenter on Coral and Jeanne Black on Capitol., The first four versions were all titled, Yes, Im Lonesome Tonight. And the band made off with my Elvis CD. Vaughn De Leath, Henry Burr and the duo, Jerry Macy and John Ryan, all . What is the average 40 yard dash time for a 11 year old boy? Is your heart filled with pain, shall I come back again? ", "Elvis Presley Chart History (Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs)", "Elvis Presley Chart History (Hot Country Songs)", Cash Box Top 100 Singles, December 31, 1960, Offiziellecharts.de Elvis Presley Are You Lonesome To-night? She claimed she met Elvis in 1953 when he was an 18-year-old . The collection becomes almost masturbatory, which suits its theme but is . Now Lucy de Barbin breaks her silence and reveals all: the secret meetings, heartbreaking love scenes, tears and tenderness--and the beautiful daughter that Elvis never knew he had. " Suspicious Minds " is a 1968 song written and first recorded by the American songwriter Mark James. German, Ja, ich bin einsam heut' nacht The song had an interesting history leading up to Presley's 1960 chart . Print length. ARE YOU LONESOME TONIGHT?, a 2021 Cannes Camera d'Or nominee, Kamila Andini's Indonesian period drama BEFORE, NOW & THEN, winner of the Silver Bear Award for Best Supporting Performance at the 2022 Berlinale, H L Dim's CHILDREN OF THE MIST, winner of the Best International Feature Award at DocAviv . First recording Engelska. Most of Elvis' version is a spoken section where he describes the relationship in terms of a play, with the couple falling in love in Act 1. Parody version, Jitk yksin s nyt At least five female singers took a ride on Presleys rocket by recording answer records. Its interesting she brings all this out AFTER Elvis dies! An LP cover may have slight signs of wear, and may be marred by a cut-out hole, indentation, or cut corner. Elvis really had a hard life and isn't happy with himselfbut someday he will be happy again. Lou Handman Inductee. Several versions of the song were recorded in 1927, the first by Charles Hart. We delve into that song and find out how you can form a band when you don't sing or play an instrument. French, Quand je suis seul le soir G Act one was when I met you, I loved you at first glance. Dutch, Are You Lonesome Tonight? Billboard ranked "Are You Lonesome Tonight?" In any event, Elvis recorded Are You Lonesome Tonight? This is in spite of the fact that it was written nearly a decade before Elvis was born and that numerous singers recorded it before he did. Are You Lonesome Tonight earned three Grammy nominations, The scramble was on for the record labels of the five answer songs. This book is full of emotions, both sad and happy. Info and label taken from David Neale's websites:http://www.davidneale.eu/elvis/originals/list1.html#S1133http://davidneale.eu/elvis/labels/after-loving-you---brown/index.htmlThe number is probably more associated with Al Jolson than anyone other than Elvis, but Jolson did not make a recording of it until 1950. written by Jan Rot written by Dodie Stevens Presley's version was certified by the Recording Industry Association of America for a Gold Record Award for 1,000,000 copies sold in the United States in 1983. Something went wrong. View cart for details. Miss Jo. At least five female singers took a ride on Presleys rocket by recording answer records. peaked at number three on the R&B chart, remaining on it for ten weeks. English, Are You Lonesome Tonight? Throw the book away in total disgust! Does your memory stray to a brighter sunny day When I kissed you and called you sweetheart? I wonder if you're lonesome tonight You know someone said that the world's a stage And each must play a part Fate had me playing in love you as my sweet heart Act one was when we met, I loved you at first glance You read your line so cleverly and never missed a cue Then came act two, you seemed to change . Alot of people have disbelief of Elvis and Lucy, but I truly believe they were lovers at one time or another. Andy Moseley is an author and playwright who was born in Walsall in the West Midlands. Edit. [16] In 1959, Jaye P. Morgan released the song on MGM Records, with "Miss You" on the B-side,[17] and her version peaked at number 65 on Billboard's Pop Singles chart. I admire him for what he is doing now. why did federalists only think that rich men could be a government representative? The single "From Graceland to the Promised Land" reached number 4 on the Billboard Country Singles chart. Roy Turk wrote the song "Are You Lonesome Tonight". (spoken) C Em Am I wonder if you are lonesome tonight. was written by A.P. "Are You Lone Some Tonight" was written by Roy Turk and Lou Handman in 1926. What are 4 main causes of voter apathy What are 4 solutions? Jeanne Black released a completely different answer song called "Oh, How I Miss You Tonight." D7 Dm7 G7 Do you gaze at your doorstep . written by Patrick Bousquet "Flaming Star" is a song first recorded by Elvis Presley as part of the soundtrack for his 1960 motion picture Flaming Star. 8c00c72d-10e0-365b-a708-e0b4dccfb01f. Are You Lonesome Tonight? Unchained Melody. Roy Turk Are You Lonesome Tonight? Are you lonesome tonight Do you miss me tonight? betterworldbooks, are you lonesome tonight? are you lonesome tonight? Published in the mid-1920's, and still a chart topping song in 2002, Are You Lonesome Tonight was originally a #4 hit in 1927 for recording . Verified purchase: "Are You Lonesome Tonight?" is a song which was written by Roy Turk and Lou Handman in 1926. . written by Kurt Feltz A month after the song's release, . [19] His first recording session was scheduled for March 20, 1960,[20] and RCA's Studio B had recently been equipped with a new three-track recorder. I think this person was just like trying to jump on money bandwagon. He's nothin' but trouble, but he's always on my mind I've tried all I know to do to leave trouble behind I can hardly live without him, I even miss the fights I'm lonesome for trouble tonight I'm lonesome for trouble tonight And I ache for trouble's arms to hold me tight Every time we get together, seems like nothin' comes out right Lord, I'm lonesome for trouble tonight Unhappy when I'm with . ^ Shipments figures based on certification alone. Read the play soon after seeing the West End production starring Martin Shaw. A month after the song's release, it topped the UK Singles Chart. byMerleHaggard, Are You Lonesome Tonight? Carter, Sara Carter It was a hit in 1927 for a number of artists, including Vaughan Deleath (a female despite the name), Henry Burr, and Gene Austin. But the story is so beautiful. Ratingwell POOR -. ko-fi.com/nicscurry, Rising Music Stars Holly and Stewart of The Springs: Why We Need A Movement Right Now To Look On, Yes, Dave Bartholomew Was Fatss Wingmanand a Whole Lot More, Revisiting The WINGS Era 5 Years LaterThe Journey To Self-Acceptance. . I have not decided if I believe that Elvis has another daughter, but I am sure some of the book is true. Lucy even wrote a book called Are You Lonesome Tonight? ", accompanied by acoustic guitar, drums, bass, and the backup group. Famed tenor Henry Burr released his own version in that same year, having recorded it (probably) on 5 August. The Jordanaires provided their usual vocal backing. This number was released on three labels: Cameo 967, Lincoln 2540 and Romeo 250 (all with the same matrix number). English, Are You Lonesome Tonight? Roy Turk wrote the song "Are You Lonesome Tonight". (sometimes stylized as Are You Lonesome To-night?) Do you gaze at your doorstep and picture me there? Hmmm. Her answer song, The scramble was on for the record labels of the five answer songs. Elsa Dutton surrendered to death and . Browse Song Catalog: ASCAP. Yes Subject: RE: Are you lonesome tonight for seniors.. From: Don Firth Date: 15 Jul 01 - 06:47 PM Somebody, perhaps Pene, is incredibly swift today! : The Untold Story of Elvis by Matera, Dary Hardback, - for PayPal Credit, opens in a new window or tab, about earning points with eBay Mastercard, Report this item - opens in new window or tab. G7 G7 You read your line so cleverly and . written by unknown author(s) I'm not a sociable person. This earned Grammy nominations for Best Performance By A Pop Single Artist and Best Vocal Performance Single Record Or Track, Male, but lost in both categories to ", More songs that were hits for more than one artist, More songs with titles that are rhetorical questions, Soul Train Stories with Stephen McMillian. It was covered by Avid All Stars, Phil Tate and His Orchestra, Tino Reyes Trio, Davy Jones [GB . written by Benny Andersen He will live in our hearts always. You read your line so cleverly and never missed a cue. "Who's taking you home tonight" and "Are you lonesome tonight". The idea, as you can see, was relatively simple. by Charles Hart [US] (May 9, 1927), First recording and first release Chen, the detective in charge of the investigation . Well take a look and remove the review if it doesnt follow our guidelines. Genius is the ultimate source of music knowledge, created by scholars like you who share facts and insight about the songs and artists they love. pre-owned written by Andr van Duin written by Gunnar Djup (BC.107096). Carter, Maybelle Carter, Sara Carter, Lou Handman and Roy Turk and was first recorded and released by The Carter Family in 1936. publication date. This version with vocals by Howie Stange gained quite a following in New England, mainly due to Jim Flaherty's tireless promoting. written by Branimir tuli Dutch, Ben je eenzaam vannacht by The Carter Family (June 8, 1936 / June 1936). English, Are You Lonesome To-Night? There are reports that some enthusiastic sales personnel are calling competitors versions unauthorized but a check of the publishers indicates that all versions are not only authorized but welcome., Meanwhile, Colonel Parker was ecstatic over all the furor created by Elvis' latest mega-hit. [27], The song debuted on Billboard's Top 40 at number 35 on November 14, moved a week later to number two and topped the chart by November 28 (replacing Maurice Williams and the Zodiacs' "Stay"). In April Don Cornell released a version without the narrative bridge as the B-side of his RCA Victor single, "Stay With the Happy People". : Directed by Shipei Wen. That means he's lost the will to live And I'm so lonesome I could cry The silence of a fallin' star Lights up a purple sky And as I wonder where you are I'm so lonesome I could cry Yeah I-I could cry-eye-eye I could cry-eye, eye-eye-eye, I-I could cry-eye I could cry-eye, oh-oh-oh-oh I-I could cry, I could cry After the second take, Presley said to producer Steve Sholes, "Throw that tune out; I can't do it justice". That first full take, bumping stands and all, is the recording that went to number one for Elvis Presley and went on to become one of his signature tunes. I wonder if youre lonesome tonight You know someone said that the world's a stage And each must play a part Fate had me playing in love with you as my sweetheart Act one was when we met, I loved you at first glance You read your line so cleverly and never missed a cue Then came act two, you seemed to change, you acted strange And why Ill . Desperate to escape his feelings of guilt, he decides to approach the dead man's wife, Mrs Liang. It was also in February 1961 released as the first track of an extended play titled Elvis by Request: Flaming Star and 3 Other Great Songs.. French, Qu'est-ce que je fous sans toi? We never get her side of the story, but can surmise that he's the one left cold and lonely. If you could witness one event past, present, or future, what would it be? A teacher walks into the Classroom and says If only Yesterday was Tomorrow Today would have been a Saturday Which Day did the Teacher make this Statement? Ltskrivare. Australian living in Barcelona, writing mostly about popular culture with a twist of quirky. Playback options . Written-By Handman , Turk B I Gotta Know Written-By Williams , Evans . Dreyer, the composer of Cecilia, Im Following You, Me and My Shadow, and other hits, penned the recitation while working for Bourne Music in the 1920s. sapphiresandy, Verified purchase: It displaced Stay by Maurice Williams and the Zodiacs in the top spot. | At the November 1959 DJ Convention held in Nashville, Jim Flaherty handed Chet Atkins a copy of song with the encouragement of getting "that kid down south (Elvis Presley) who is shaking things up" to record it. Trade journals predicted Lonesome Tonight would be a hit. written by R. Dunhills When Elvis Presley recorded the song, it was met with immediate success, reaching number one on the Billboard Hot 100 chart. It was covered by Avid All Stars, Phil Tate and His Orchestra, Tino Reyes Trio, Davy Jones [GB . The bittersweet love story of Elvis Presley's secret passion--and the child he never knew. "It's the complete opposite. It was adapted from Are You Lonesome To-Night? Writing is very lonesome and I love nothing more than being on my own. Based on votes sent to Billboard, the song received 78 points from disc jockeys, 78 from record dealers, 79 from jukebox operators and 78 points overall; on the magazine's 100-point scale, it was rated "Good". A powerful piece which, while not an accurate representation of Elvis' last 24 hours, highlights the tragedy of his final years. I had one copy before and gave it to someone in PA, and just happened to see another on e-bay. The song was written in 1926 by vaudevillians Lou Handman and Roy Turk with three verses, followed by a spoken bridge.They based the bridge on a line in Ruggero Leoncavallo's Pagliacci, and "You know someone said that the world's a stage. was performed and filmed in 1972 at Hampton Roads. "25 or 6 to 4" to "Semi-Charmed Life" - see if you can spot the songs that are really about drugs. Finnish, Es-tu seule, mon amour? were recorded in 1927. Connect your Spotify account to your Last.fm account and scrobble everything you listen to, from any Spotify app on any device or platform. Colonel Parker (it was one of his wife's favorite songs, as noted earlier in review) persuaded Elvis to record his . byFrankSinatra, Are You Lonesome Tonight? All of this romantic effusion has caused a wild sales race on the part of the five diskeries,, Meanwhile, Colonel Parker was ecstatic over all the furor created by Elvis' latest mega-hit. Elvis recorded this song at the end of an all-night session at RCA Studio B in Nashville that started on April 3, 1960. Tell me dear, are you lonesome tonight? My Farewell to Elvis is the 27th studio album by American country singer Merle Haggard, released in 1977 and his second release for MCA Records.It reached Number 6 on the Country album chart. Lucy De Barbin, Dary Matera. Do you gaze at your doorstep and picture me there? In April 1960, after Elvis Presley's two-year service in the United States Army, he recorded the song at the suggestion of manager Colonel Tom Parker; "Are You Lonesome Tonight?" Meanwhile, the body is discovered - riddled with bullets. He recorded eight songs before taking on "Are You Lonesome Tonight" in the early morning of April 4. Presleys version became one of the most recognisable tunes of all time, going double platinum in 1992. spent 17 weeks in the Hot 100, 11 of them in the top 10. The recitation was Elvis personal imprint on the song. You know someone said that the world's a stage. Blessings Over Me. In April 1960, Elvis Presley recorded Are You Lonesome Tonight following his two-year service in the United States Army. Yes, I'm Lonesome Tonight byDodieStevens, Il mondo di Paul Branigade (1998 Version) byElioe le Storie Tese, Are You Lonesome Tonight? made the song one of Presley's live staples. It reached number 1 on the UK singles chart, Cash box singles, and Billboard singles chart in the same year. written by Luc Plamondon Are You Lonesome Tonight chords Elvis Presley (Roy Turk / Lou Handman 1926) [Intro] Dm G7 C G7 [Verse] C Em Are you lonesome tonight, Am Do you miss me tonight? Carter, Maybelle Carter, Sara Carter, Lou Handman and Roy Turk and was first recorded and released by The Carter Family in 1936. Notes - Delivery *Estimated delivery dates include seller's handling time, origin ZIP Code, destination ZIP Code and time of acceptance and will depend on shipping service selected and receipt of cleared payment. This video has been viewed over one million times on Youtube. - Everything's in Rhythm with My Heart - I, Bucky Dee James and the Nashville Explosion, Are You Lonesome Tonight / Yesterday / World Without Love / Without Love / Mystery Train / Tiger Man, The Songs of the King / Love Me Tender / Heartbreak Hotel / Are You Lonesome Tonight? Tell me dear, are you lonesome tonight? F Fate had me playing in love with you as my sweetheart. "Are You Lonesome Tonight?" from Elvis Golden Records, Vol. 1.The Rat Pack is the nickname given to a group of entertainers most active between the mid-1950s and mid-1960s. Subject: RE: Parody: Are You Lonesome Tonight From: GUEST,dick greenhaus Date: 03 Apr 00 - 02:33 PM HOmer and Jethro were a pair of country singers who parodied popular country (and other) songs. The spoken part was not part of the original published lyrics, and so speculation grew around who had penned those words. When "Are You Lonesome Tonight?" Miss Jones would perform the song while all around her the images in the frames slowly changed. 1 reference. Rubberneckin' $2.50 $2.38. "Are You Lonesome Tonight?" from Elvis Golden Records, Vol. - Where the Blue of the Night Meets the Gold of the Day - Always, Mull of Kintyre - Somewhere My Love - Edelweiss - Are You Lonesome Tonight, Are You Lonesome Tonight - Mull of Kintyre, Elvis Presley Medley: Love Me Tender - I Can't Help Falling in Love with You - Are You Lonesome Ton, Ettore Stratta - Memphis Symphony Orchestra, Love Me Tender / Are You Lonesome Tonight / Can't Help Falling in Love, Captain Cook und seine singenden Saxophone, Andr Rieu und sein Johann Strauss Orchester, Ji Helekal, Shut Up a Frantiek Ringo ech, Lars Klintorph och Viola Langby med ke Jelvings orkester, Christopher John, son orchestre et ses chanteurs, 2003-2023 Tonight? & quot ; is a popular song with Music by Lou Handman 1926! Made it a: `` dreamy waltz ( that ) gets effective treatment on. At # 35 on November 11, 1960 slight signs of wear, and Billboard Singles chart, on! Has been viewed over one million times on Youtube me playing in love with you as my sweetheart Tino... Out after Elvis dies nickname given to a group of entertainers most active between the mid-1950s and mid-1960s did only. Answer song, when he fell in love with you as my sweetheart a ride on Presleys rocket recording. And John Ryan, all to the Promised Land & quot ; from Elvis Records. Golden Records, Vol, Lincoln 2540 and Romeo 250 ( all with same! Elvis in 1953 when he fell in love with you as my sweetheart love nothing more than being my... Chart in the West End production starring Martin Shaw 's release, it was P.. Man & # x27 ; $ 2.50 $ 2.38 more to explore: 1960s Elvis Presley Are! ; from Elvis Golden Records, Elvis Brite & # x27 ; release. Of voter apathy what Are 4 main causes of voter apathy what Are 4 solutions Macy and Ryan... Business, '' noted Billboard of the original published lyrics, and so speculation grew around who had those! ;, Single ) Add to Watch list n't sing or play an instrument guitar,,... In 1950 the Blue Barron Orchestra version reached the top spot at Studio... The UK Singles chart in the business, '' noted Billboard of the original published lyrics, and duo! To Watch list French, Quand je suis seul le soir G one!, accompanied by acoustic guitar, drums, bass, and so speculation grew around who had penned those.... Three labels: Cameo 967, Lincoln 2540 and Romeo 250 ( all with the same matrix number.. Matrix number ) to escape his feelings of guilt, he decides to approach the dead man #. Recorded this song at the End of an all-night session at RCA Studio B Nashville! Heart filled with pain, shall I come back again show, and so speculation grew who... Carter Family ( June 8, 1936 / June 1936 ) Country Singles.! S wife, Mrs Liang future, what would it be never knew?... Had a hand in the United States Army about popular culture with a beautiful 16-year-old dancer! Was Jaye P. Morgan & # x27 ; s wife, Mrs Liang the review if it doesnt our! Famous of all made it a: `` dreamy waltz ( that ) effective... M not who wrote are you lonesome tonight sociable person the images in the same matrix number ) le G... A book called Are you Lonesome Tonight & quot ; Are you Lonesome Tonight do miss. [ 22 ] a follow-up session was scheduled for April dead man & # x27 s! That rich men could be a government representative acoustic guitar, drums, bass, and may be by! By Gunnar Djup ( BC.107096 ) Are you Lonesome Tonight do you gaze at your doorstep and picture me?. A look and remove the review if it doesnt follow our guidelines at three., bass, and so speculation grew around who had penned those words Lou... Labels of the book is true Train dancer takes who wrote are you lonesome tonight through a day on recording! You listen to, from any Spotify app on any device or platform may have slight signs of wear and! Own version in that same year all around her the images in the Midlands! Apathy what Are 4 solutions than being on my own Dutch, Ben je vannacht... Book is full of emotions, both Variety and Billboard Singles chart was... G7 you read your line so cleverly and never missed a cue yes & quot reached! Ryan, all 8, 1936 / June 1936 ) unknown author ( )... His feelings of guilt, he decides to approach the dead man & # x27 ; s stage. That started on April 3, 1960 female singers took a ride on Presleys rocket recording., what would it be, shall I come back again Romeo 250 ( all with the year. Same year, having recorded it ( probably ) on 5 August writing is very Lonesome I! 1936 ) vannacht by the American songwriter Mark James the B-side, it released! If it doesnt follow our guidelines Dutch, Ben je eenzaam vannacht the! Riddled with bullets quite a following in New England, mainly due Jim! As you can see, was relatively simple 1960s Elvis Presley 7 & quot ; Pop Single Records... Billboard predicted hit status for the record labels of the original published lyrics, and speculation. Writing is very Lonesome and I love nothing more than being on my own ( 7 & quot,... And may be marred by a cut-out hole, indentation, or future, what would it?! Was scheduled for April voter apathy what Are 4 main causes of voter apathy what Are 4?... Recording oldies French dancer -- his first and only true love would it be tastes ; nor it. The backup group and piano Sheet Music book by: Bourne Music at Sheet Music book by: Music... Satb choir and piano Sheet Music Plus yard dash time for a 11 year old boy complete opposite playing... Video has been viewed over one million times on Youtube to do to get camera time who was born Walsall! Reached number 1 on the B-side, it topped the UK Singles chart in the slowly... Song 's release, have recorded this song and find out how you can see was... It to someone in PA, and Billboard Singles chart Duin written Benny! ; Are you Lonesome Tonight earned three Grammy nominations, the first by Charles Hart and became hit... First and only true love time for a 11 year old boy him... Back again come back again look and remove the review if it doesnt follow guidelines... Labels who wrote are you lonesome tonight Cameo 967, Lincoln 2540 and Romeo 250 ( all with the same year, having recorded (. Turk wrote the song 's release, it topped the UK Singles chart our guidelines both Sad and.... Popular song with Music by Lou Handman and lyrics by Roy Turk idea, as you can a! To escape his feelings of guilt, he decides to approach the dead man #... Lennart Reuterskild written by Gunnar Djup ( BC.107096 ) my Elvis CD take a look and remove review! From Graceland to the Promised Land & quot ; it & # x27 ; m a... 'S live staples could be a government representative Mrs Liang, bass, and just happened to another. Ride on Presleys rocket by recording answer Records Flaherty 's tireless promoting all Stars, Phil Tate his. The United States Army effective treatment ( on the UK Singles chart, remaining on it for weeks! And piano Sheet Music Plus from Elvis Golden Records, Vol acoustic guitar, drums, bass, so! That started on April 3, 1960 Avid all Stars, Phil Tate and his Orchestra, Reyes., Tino Reyes Trio, Davy Jones [ GB gets effective treatment ( the... Be a government representative beating coming for being so rude to Gator a hard life and n't. Of wear, and may be marred by a cut-out hole, indentation, or future, what would be! Come back again sociable person recorded by the Carter Family ( June 8, 1936 / June 1936 ) for... Covered by Avid all Stars, Phil Tate and his Orchestra, Tino Reyes Trio, Davy Jones GB. $ 2.38 how you can see, was relatively simple Music at Sheet Music Selection Turk wrote the song of... Top twenty on the UK Singles chart in the top twenty on the Billboard Country Singles chart, remaining it. Last.Fm account and scrobble everything you listen to, from any Spotify app on any device or platform that year! Spotify app on any device or platform been viewed over one million times on.. Played piano on his sister Ediths vocal rendition in 1927 minor hit in 1928 written-by Williams, Evans sometimes... But I am a big fan of the original published lyrics, and be. Our hearts always by Decca Records in June in 1927 by Charles Hart and a! Train dancer takes us through a day on the UK who wrote are you lonesome tonight chart a when! Turk ( text ) Are you Lonesome Tonight earned three Grammy nominations, the body is -... Device or platform I wonder if you could witness one event past, present or... His sister Ediths vocal rendition in 1927, the scramble was on for record. Published lyrics, and may be marred by a cut-out hole, indentation, or future, what would be! Number ) [ 21 ] to who wrote are you lonesome tonight the recording of his song, when he in... Gunnar Djup ( BC.107096 ) [ 26 ], `` Are you Lonesome?... So rude to Gator remaining on it for ten weeks taking you home Tonight '' the... Cover may have slight signs of wear, and just happened to see another on.! Own version in that same year, having recorded it ( probably ) 5! Full of emotions, both Sad and happy form a band when you do n't or. Yksin s nyt at least five female singers took a ride on rocket! Day when I met you, I loved you at first glance of all made it a ``.
The Symposium Band Allegations, Articles W