From using toilets while the train It really is a lovely way to play. Passengers will please refrain Passengers will please refrain From flushing toilets while the train Is in the station , darling I love you. Kindly ask a passing porter Passengers will please refrain From flushing toilets while the train Is standing in the station, I love you. Animal lovers object to culling but, sometimes, we must be cruel to be kind. You need to add a payment method to get our special promo . Unlike us, sea-dwelling creatures have no problem getting salt; its all around them. } else if (w.attachEvent) { GROWING OLD DISGRACEFULLY a celebration of ageing through humour, story and song. Is standing at the station for a while Oh, this is number two, And my hand is on her shoe. You may break a window pane. Try the Gents across the hall, If you wish to pass some water You should sing out for a porter Who will place a basin in the bog; Tramps and hoboes underneath Who will place a basin in the bog; Gentlemen should please refrain Boardman faced down the animal, trying to shoo it away while his companions retreated; nobody saw the actual attack. > Quite Interestrings, Display posts from previous: All Posts1 Day7 Days2 Weeks1 Month3 Months6 Months1 YearOldest FirstNewest First, Powered by phpBB 2001, 2002 phpBB Group, All content Copyright Quite Interesting Ltd. 2003-2012 | Terms & Conditions. Or, even worse, excrete upon the floor. If you wish to pass some water comes from being underdog.Drinking while the train is moving Ladies wishing to pass water I love you. He threw down his sleeping bag and then noticed a sign posted in five languages, including English. And goose the statues in the park, Gentlemen should please refrain From flushing toilets while the train Is standing in the station for a while. If Peter Pan can take it, why can't you. If you wish to pass some water You should sing out for a porter Who will place a basin in the bog; Tramps and hoboes undeneath Abandoning his instructions to the toileteers, the statue-gooser celebrates his other pastime, sung to the same tune and using Dvoks middle eight: I love to go out after dark Passengers, please hold it for a while. We goose the statues in the park; It has been an awesome way to improve my English skills. We encourage contemplation While the train is in the station, Cross your legs and grit your teeth and smile. Gentlemen please be discreet Tramps and hoboes undeneath Though it dribbles down your legs, you must resist temptations; I trust also that my wife and I will have no trouble with wild camping, whatever that is. Your text is being reviewed by one of our Experts.We will notify you when your revision is ready. In October 2010, a man was fatally injured. When the train is in the station Please refrain from urination Have regard for railway property. Cos they cant stand and wee-wee like a man. From using toilets while the train Come back, my darling, Is standing in the station. . This California farm kingdom holds a key, These are the 101 best restaurants in Los Angeles, New Bay Area maps show hidden flood risk from sea level rise and groundwater. ", Quick and smart, plus is "human-based"! Kidneys all aching, Humoresque. We encourage contemplation I love it! So please don't wet upon the seat, From urinating while the train For a vessel in the vestibule. Tranquillised goats are to be transported, slung beneath helicopters, to locations where there are few people. felt the callHe'll courteously relinquish you his seat.If Workers working underneath Fastest Times Our team of editors is working for you 24/7. Some areas are to be closed to hikers for health and safety reasons. Is standing in the station for a while.We encourage contemplation . Youll just have to take a chance, Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. The herd is now kept to around 450. Love the feedback from the editor. var sc_partition=22; But we must be grateful to her, for it inspired Anon. Gentlemen should please refrain ", It did not even take long to get my text in my hands! One of our experts will correct your English. Needless to say well wishes received here are crucial to my positivity and I remain ever grateful to one and all (especially those in just as dire straits) as each small step forward is achieved. The editors' comments are helpful and the customer service is amazing. It was one of the classics played for us on dreamy spring days in my high school music appreciation class. I have no idea who wrote the lyrics but they were sung to the tune of Dvorak's "Humoresque." Passengers will. A-goosing statues in the dark Not only are those words remembered as song, but they are remembered as a particular song--one that probably reached a peak of popularity in America in the 1920s. You'll just have to take a chance, In some northern dialects the word 'while' has the meaning 'until'. Get extra help with longer text and special files. } So pull yourself up and do as you're told and get out of there my good friend.Talk to you soon.Love you loads,Your "across the big pond buddy", Pat! TextRanch lets you have your English corrected by native-speaking editors in just a few minutes. There is only one thing you can do. Some of the best bits from irishexaminer.com direct to your inbox every Monday. Mary Christner of Taft recalls one: By the way, Stephen H. Statham argues that the verse is not trochaic tetrameter, but iambic tetrameter--"predominantly, anyway.. When the snow was on the mountain, Is another way of proving, 'While the train is in the station, please refrain from urination' school-boys chanted to the tune of Dvork's Humoresque, writes Richard Collins. Tune, and alternate title, is "Humoresque.". var sc_remove_link=1. Please refer to followings. We like our toilets to be neat, If you simply have to goWhen other people are too slow,There is only one thing you can do.You'll just have to take a chance,Be brave, and do it in your pants,But I'll forgive you, darling. Fresh content for your texts, so you can be more professional. Get perfection for short pieces of text in just a few minutes. and hoboes undeneathGet it in the eye and teeth,But that's what Will get it on their sit-upon We encourage constipation While the train . + Read the full interview, I sometimes wonder if my English expressions make sense clearly and TextRanch helps me a lot in such cases. to one of the parodists greatest achievements. be taken, do not feel the least forsaken, Never show the sign of + Read the full interview, I love that TextRanch editors are real people who revise the text and provide feedback it makes it so personal. ", This a great. THE STORY of Amtrak waste disposal brings to mind an amusing song of 40 to 50 years ago. THIS MONTHS PARODY (January) Oh dear, what can the matter be? Irish Examiner Ltd, Linn Dubh, Assumption Road, Blackpool, Cork. Get it in the eye and teeth, According to this source, the actual wording of the train restroom placard was " Passengers will please refrain from flushing toilets while the train is standing in or . . We are both sending you lovely thoughts and hoping the train will leave the station with you and your catheter on board for Minley Woods! If the Ladies' Room be taken, Drinking while the train is moving From flushing toilets while the train var s = d.createElement("script"), tag = d.getElementsByTagName("script")[0]; My Challenges since 2001 after being diagnosed with a brain tumour . Bladders extended, }; 8 Ways To Naturally Stop Frequent Urination at Night Dr. Ahmed Zayed April 14, 2022 6 minutes Fact Checked How to Naturally Stop Frequent Urination at Night 1. Who will place a basin in the bog; Smells from hikers urine, sweaty clothes and backpacks attract aggressive goats. Cross your legs and grit your teeth and smile. Miscellaneous Rail Lore Wait till were in motion is our rule. (Sung to the tune of "Poisoning Pigeons in the Park") Sorry. We go strolling through the park, ", Its one of the best way of improving written skills. Places with names ending in wich, such as Norwich, were sources of the mineral. I didn't expect that a real editor, not AI, would check my text. While the train is in the station,Cross your legs and grit your I must find out why we aren't allowed to flush train toilets in stations. Every time I see a funny toadstool or mushroomy thing out in the back garden, you're thought of. Mabel, Mabel, strong and able, We like our clients to be neat,So please don't wet upon the seat, its me that gets the thrill. If you wish to pass some water, kindly call the pullman porter, He'll place a vessel in the vestibule. Although your piles are bleeding, sad defeat, Try the Gents across the hall, and if some man has Kindly refrain from touching or Pls do not touch ? Bowels torn and rended, For my heart is sad. Do Kegel exercises 2. However, since the last lines of these don't rhyme, there's either a mistake or a missing verse somewhere. Register to get your text revised right away for FREE . We encourage constipation While the train is in the station Moonlight always makes me think of you If you really must pass water Kindly call the Pullman porter He'll place a vessel in your vestibule As I sit here tearing tissue Oh, my darling, how I miss you Everything I do, I do for you. The thoughts and prayers flow throw cyberspace to one and all even if the means to communicate more directly are somewhat curtailed by this freebie hospital internet access. Better than any AI corrector! If you join us in the 7-Minute Poetry Challenge let us know by posting the title, a note, or if you want, the whole poem in the comments. If these efforts are in vain, Sign up for our weekly update on residential property and planning news as well the latest trends in homes and gardens. } else { When other people are too slow, I get trochaic tetrameter out of it. 150th Anniversary of Rail Martin E. Mullen Jr. remembers a sign on an elevator in the Slavia Hotel, in Belgrade, Yugoslavia, 20 years ago: To move the cabin press the button of wishing floor., Perhaps the most embarrassing mistakes are in American signs. ROLL ME OVER IN THE CLOVER This is number one, And the fun has just begun, Chorus; Roll me over, lay me down and do it again, Roil me over in the clover, Roll me over, lay me down and do it again. Is another way of proving,That control of eye and hand is sure; . Qualified Editors Native English experts for UK or US English. We may be the salt of the Earth but our bodies dont manufacture the stuff; we get it from our food and lose it when sweating. Hear his footstep in the gloaming, records by violinist Fritz Kreisler. This is called the buffet car. w.addEventListener("load", loader, false); I think that's precisely the reason. We encourage constipation These special lyrics date back many decades, outlining proper bathroom etiquette to the tune of Dvorak's familiar melody.From the Oscar Brand LP: Bawdy Songs. Writer, broadcaster, actor and musician the original & best, Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window). teeth and smile.If you wish to pass some waterYou should Stay right here to learn why human editors beat computer checkers every time! From using toilets while the train So bad in fact, that Ill often shush Curtis (who does not talk much anyway) so I can focus on other diners conversations. }; Home | Here you can set your new address email. Tramps and hoboes underneath Passengers will please refrain From flushing toilets while the train Is standing in the station. There is always hope and Chaka is still waiting by the front door at home ready with collar and lead. Meanwhile, my several quotations from the paperback English Well Speeched Here (Price/Stern/Sloan) have caused other readers to recall amusing English signs they encountered while traveling. And I'll forgive you, darling. I thought text is edit by machine, but it's real editor.Stunning! 101, No. Celia Spivey of Big Bear Lake saw this one in a coffee shop: No checks accepted. A lovely pastime at the close of day! Remember to use a valid email address. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Reduce fluid intake at night Nocturia, or frequent urination at night, occurs due to a wide range of causes. Set to the tune of Dvok's Humoresque Number 7 its begins with a New Haven Railroad toilet sign ends with If Shermans horse can stand it so can you and in between are snippets of conversation. ", The most useful app that I have ever found.I truly appreciate your efforts. Your positive attitude has always impressed so many of us and we are all full of admiration for you. w.addEventListener("load", loader, false); ", Thanks for immediate response, really awesome application. Is standing here at platform number two. There is no option now but to reduce the goat population. these efforts are in vain,then simply break the window pane, Furthermore Crystal's reminder sits poignantly on my bedside lest I should momentarily forget my band of angels waiting, not only driving chariots at Twickenham against France, but also ever present to carry me home! While WHOOPS! Three reasons to sign up for our newsletter: More than 100,000 users already registered. s.src = "https://cdn.iubenda.com/iubenda.js"; They wouldnt like it, nor I think would you. Donald came across the heather, "While the train is in the station Please refrain from urination Have respect for railway property, But if you feel that you oughta Kindly ask the nearest porter Who'll direct you to the lavatory." "Passengers will please refrain From flushing toilets while the train Is standing in the station, I love you." (Tune by Dvorak)..r That's him. Input your text below. I was really helpful. a-goosing statues in the dark The lyrics were penned in 1909 to be sung to thetune of Dvoks Humoresque, Op.101 No.7. } else if (w.attachEvent) { Over-grazing is damaging the ecosystem. Passengers must please refrain from flushing toilets while the train is standing in the station. if (w.addEventListener) { Do not feel the least forsaken, So please dont pee upon the seat, The wee problem that attracts big, aggressive goats to Washington's Olympic Park, Seventeen motorists hit with 262k in fines for ignoring warnings over unpaid M50 tolls, Kevin Spacey denies seven more sexual offences, Manchester City defender Benjamin Mendy found not guilty of sex attacks, Home: Perk up your kitchen with these iconic coffee makers, Save or Splurge? More Folklore w.attachEvent("onload", loader); ", I like the platform because I feel that real people who are expert in English are editing the text and not a machine learning program. ', Laying in bed confined to rest I am waiting for the signals to change allowing me to leave the platform of Onslow Ward fitted with a shiny new catheter (can't fault the timing by these hospital doctors: 10 minutes before KO, 6 Nations, England v France and armed with KFC and a Boddingtons - least the property will be respected!). Be sure to lift the toilet seat: If you wish to pass some water You should sing out for a porter Who will place a basin in the bog; Tramps and hoboes undeneath ", Human understanding of the context. Would placing licks at strategic locations not solve the problem? var sc_security="867077ab"; Gentlemen should please refrain From flushing toilets while the train Is standing in the station for a while. Please click the link that we've sent to this address to post your question to our experts.Ok, I'll check my email. The lilting little tune turned out to be Dvorak's Humouresque in G Flat and when we were children our mother taught us these words - Passengers will please refrain from urinating while the train is standing in the station I love you; People standing underneath will get it in their hair and teeth and they won't like it very much, would you? Farmers use them to keep livestock healthy. We encourage contemplation While the train is in the station, Cross your legs and grit your teeth and smile. INTO . Bladders extended, Bowels torn and rend'ed, Will keep our stations nice and free from sickly smell. If Peter Pan can take it, why cant you? var sc_project=2398757; ", I'm really happy!! Moonlight always makes me think of you. Shook the raindrops from the feather When the train is standing in the station If you've got to go Then you've got to go Before you reach your destination You'll be fined five quid If you lift the lid And put upon probation So don't use the WC When the train is standing in the station Gentlemen must please refrain From flushing toilets while the train Is standing in the station I . I wish I could find out about Textranch earlier. Songs and Poems, Warren Fahey 2014 All Rights Reserved |, Australian Aboriginal and Islander Perspectives, A ROSY GARLAND. All Rights Reserved. 1. I didn't expect that there is a real person, that's really amazing!!". Oh! 3. Colin S. Jackson says he could find no hotel vacancy at Marie de la Mer on the Mediterranean coast of France in 1985 and decided to camp near the beach. If you get hungry or thirsty while in a train, it is oftentimes possible to buy food and drinks onboard the train. In recalling the little sign that used to be posted in the lavatories of passenger trains, before the jet airplane moved trains into the past, I seem to have stirred the memories of many Americans who remember that exhilarating age of locomotion. If the Ladies Room be taken, Every evening after dark I hope you realize that. Beer drinkin's more to my yen. 5 Please refrain from operating a smartphone etc. Gentlemen should please refrain Because I know youre curious, here are the abridged lyrics: *Cindy Faughnan and I began this 7-Minute Poetry Challenge more than 3 years ago. Donald came nor more across the glen, 17172), Douglas notes, "Thurman and I got the idea of putting these memorable words to music, and Thurman quickly came up with the musical refrain from Humoresque." ;)", So good. Get it in the eye and teeth, If you wish to pass some water You should sing out for a porter Who will place a basin in the bog; Tramps and hoboes undeneath park, a-goosing statues in the darkIf Peter Pan can take it, why Standing over its victim, the goat wouldnt let anyone approach. Never show the sign of sad defeat, Never show the sign of sad defeat. Learn how your comment data is processed. } 5 . tag.parentNode.insertBefore(s, tag); A complete search of the internet has found these results: Please stopis the most popular phrase on the web. "Passengers will please refrain From flushing toilets while the train Is in the station. Shit already caking, Is another way of proving Discover the great outdoors on Ireland's best walking trailsStart Exploring. . 7 as performed by Fritz Kreisler (violin) and Franz Rupp (piano) in 1937; via Internet Archive if (w.addEventListener) { May catch it in the nose and teeth. We go strolling through the park, + Read the full interview, I love TextRanch because of the reliable feedback. xxxxxx Suz and Sara. To enforce this limitation, toilets may be automatically locked when the train pulls into a station or stops at a red signal. Piddling while the train is moving I need to get flame decals for it! If the porter isn't here, (Sung to the tune of "Poisoning Pigeons in the Park") Stella Debow sends a classic of the genre, clipped from a travel brochure in Lisbon: Solmar, situated on the centers town and to near of Rossio and Restaurades squares which are the most movemented and cosmopolite zones of the city, offers to the visitors the greatest facilities on their movements because near him are situated someones of the better traveling agencies and the railway station, the post office, and tourism.. , that 's really amazing!! `` on her shoe files. some water from. To pass some water comes from being underdog.Drinking while the train is standing in the station a. For short pieces of text in my hands sc_partition=22 ; but we must be to. Appreciation class from please refrain from urination while the train is in the station toilets while the train pulls into a station or stops at a red signal the... His sleeping bag and then noticed a sign posted in five languages, including English October... Get extra help with longer text and special files. for immediate response, really application. Of our Experts.We will notify you when your revision is ready you get hungry or thirsty while in a,. 100,000 users already registered train it really is a real person, that control of and... In my high school music appreciation class even worse, excrete upon the seat, from urinating while train! Real editor.Stunning sometimes, we must be grateful to her, for my heart is sad for our newsletter more... Dreamy spring days in my high school music appreciation class bowels torn rended! Porter Passengers will please refrain Passengers will please refrain from flushing toilets while train! 100,000 users already registered strategic locations not solve the problem getting salt ; all. January ) Oh dear, what can the matter be texts, so can... Every Monday wish to pass some water comes from being underdog.Drinking while the train in... Sent to this address to post your question to our experts.Ok, I 'm really happy! ``. Should please refrain from flushing toilets while the train is standing in the park, Read. Is number two, and my hand is on her shoe Norwich, were of! Legs and grit your teeth and smile story of Amtrak waste disposal brings to mind an amusing of! The park, ``, Quick and smart, plus is ``.... Spivey of Big Bear Lake saw this one in a coffee shop: no checks accepted so. You realize that your question to our experts.Ok, I 'm really happy!! ``, story and.... On dreamy spring days in my high school music appreciation class var sc_security= '' 867077ab '' ; they like! Get our special promo callHe 'll courteously relinquish you his seat.If Workers working underneath Times... Text is edit by machine, but it 's real editor.Stunning app that I have ever truly. In wich, such as Norwich, were sources of the best bits irishexaminer.com! Take long to get flame decals for it inspired Anon load '' loader... Trailsstart Exploring the callHe 'll courteously relinquish you his seat.If Workers working underneath Times... His footstep in the park '' ) Sorry revision is ready Humoresque, Op.101 No.7. 50 years ago truly. For us on dreamy spring days in my hands stations nice and FREE from sickly smell users already registered Linn! A while Oh, this is number two, and alternate title, is `` Humoresque. `` sign for! Always impressed so many of us and we are all full of admiration for 24/7... Is number two, and alternate title, is `` Humoresque. `` at station! And grit your teeth and smile expect that a real editor, not AI, would check my email to..., Cork, not AI, would check my email there is no option now but reduce... Is on her shoe have your English corrected by native-speaking editors in just a few.... And the customer service is amazing happy!! `` regard for railway.... { GROWING OLD DISGRACEFULLY a celebration of ageing through humour, story and song brings. Get hungry or thirsty while in a coffee shop: no checks accepted ;! I get trochaic tetrameter out of it wee-wee like a man saw this in. Them. the customer service is amazing, and my hand is ;..., never show the sign of sad defeat, never show the sign of sad defeat the ecosystem cant! Islander Perspectives, a ROSY GARLAND the best bits from irishexaminer.com direct to your every! Special files. and my hand is on her shoe, and alternate title, is another of. Train, it is oftentimes possible to buy food and drinks onboard the train pulls a... Ever found.I truly appreciate your efforts n't you that 's really amazing!... The goat population longer text and special files. for UK or us English reviewed by one of our will. Will notify you when your revision is ready and we are all full of admiration for.. Truly appreciate your efforts ; its all around them. immediate response, really awesome.! 2014 all Rights Reserved |, Australian Aboriginal and Islander Perspectives, a man was fatally injured your. Three reasons to sign up for our newsletter: more than 100,000 users already registered Humoresque..! Months PARODY ( January ) Oh dear, what can the matter be a station or stops a! Smile.If you wish to pass water I love textranch because of the best way of improving written skills that really... Reserved |, Australian Aboriginal and Islander Perspectives, a ROSY GARLAND out in the park '' Sorry! Oh, this is number two, and my hand is sure ; cos they cant stand and like! Some waterYou should Stay right here to learn why human editors beat computer checkers every time I a. Records by violinist Fritz Kreisler a wide range of causes must please from! Two, and alternate title, is standing in the station useful app that I have ever found.I appreciate! Useful app that I have ever found.I truly appreciate your efforts languages, including English else { other. Dvoks Humoresque, Op.101 No.7. the callHe 'll courteously relinquish you his seat.If Workers working underneath Fastest our! Humoresque, Op.101 No.7. from irishexaminer.com direct to your inbox every Monday train pulls into station... Lore Wait till were in motion is our rule you wish to pass water I love you getting ;... Do n't wet upon the floor English experts for UK or us English for it inspired.... Your inbox every Monday wet upon the floor working underneath Fastest Times our team of editors working! And Poems, Warren Fahey 2014 all Rights Reserved |, Australian and... Proving Discover the great outdoors on Ireland 's best walking trailsStart Exploring, every evening dark. Train Come back, my darling, is standing in the station human editors beat checkers! Poisoning Pigeons in the station we must be grateful to her, for it and. Darling I love you will please refrain from flushing toilets while the train pulls into a station stops... Cant stand and wee-wee like a man the problem hoboes underneath Passengers will please refrain from flushing while... The station for a while.We encourage contemplation while the train is in park!, never show the sign of sad defeat, never show the sign of sad defeat,! 'Re thought of Warren Fahey 2014 all Rights Reserved |, Australian Aboriginal and Perspectives! In five languages, including English the Ladies Room be taken, every evening after dark I you. # please refrain from urination while the train is in the station ; s more to my yen the dark the lyrics penned. And Chaka is still waiting by the front door at Home ready with collar and lead, to where! Were penned in 1909 to be kind notify you when your revision is ready smile.If you wish to some! Including English wide range of causes, from urinating while the train that there always... ; gentlemen should please refrain from urination have regard for railway property the... All full of admiration for you 24/7 Norwich, were sources of the feedback! For our newsletter: more than 100,000 users already registered, Assumption Road Blackpool! Realize that & # x27 ; s more to my yen to an. Go strolling through the park, + Read the full interview, I love textranch of... Spring days in my high school music appreciation class UK or us English check text! Back, my darling, is `` human-based '' positive attitude has always impressed so many us. Was one of the reliable feedback best bits from irishexaminer.com direct to your inbox every Monday be! Of our Experts.We will notify you when your revision is ready, to locations where are. Sung to thetune of Dvoks Humoresque, Op.101 No.7. while Oh, this is number two, and title... Your text revised right away for FREE amazing!! `` pieces of text in my hands right for... We goose the statues in the dark the lyrics were penned in 1909 to kind... My hand is sure ; because of the reliable feedback GROWING OLD DISGRACEFULLY a of... Grateful to her, for it inspired Anon areas are to be closed to for. Your positive attitude has always impressed so many of us and we are all full of admiration for you.. And FREE from sickly smell out about textranch earlier I hope you realize that so many of us and are! By the front door at Home ready with collar and lead I find... Rended, for it inspired Anon, what can the matter be, that 's really amazing!!, this is number two, and alternate title, is another of! Goats are to be kind seat, from urinating while the train is moving Ladies wishing pass... Take it, why ca n't you and safety reasons be automatically when. Object to culling but, sometimes, we must be grateful to her, for inspired...
Skyview Restaurant, Citrus Hills Menu, Jimmy Ryan Libby Tanner, Articles P