By Dave O'Brien, author of Through The 'Oswald' Window and JFK Case NOT Closed! View at your own risk. On the HSCA film and on the original AP film, these are perfectly round. Of the 52 that are listed at the National Archives, only 9 are in the public domain. An entry wound at the HSCA entry site would not be expected to show this pattern. A December 15, 2021 release of Kennedy assassination classified files per law mandated by the JFK Records Act of 1992 validates that a clandestine CIA - Mafia alliance to murder Cuban dictator Fidel Castro did occur, raising the possibility that the target may have changed to the U.S. President as reported . USA.gov, The U.S. National Archives and Records Administration your research preparation. Next to him in the car is his wife, Jacqueline, and in the front seat is Texas Gov. The vertical arrow identifies the 7 x 2 mm metal fragment, which was removed at the autopsy. The only metallic appearing object along this path is the fragment noted at the back of the skull. The National Archives on Thursday released thousands of previously classified documents collected as part of the government review into the 1963 assassination of President John F. Kennedy. This is a comparison of the original films, the HSCA computer enhanced images, and then the copies of the HSCA images released to the public. Perfectly round, with metallic appearing densities inside, and the surface was raised and crinkled. Ive talked with several radiologists who have seen burn marks on film, and none of them had ever seen a perfectly round mark made they all described an irregular, crinkled area on the film. (Photo: PBS) The theory of the lone gunman holds that JFK's autopsy was bungled. But if the photos are genuine but have been altered in some way, the above graphic would not automatically prove authenticity. Crowds of people wait for news outside Parkland Memorial Hospital, where President Kennedy had been taken following his assassination. After seeing these photos of the JFK assassination and autopsy, learn a little about what's inside the secret Kennedy assassination files released by the U.S. government. I agree with him that the surface of the film appeared smooth, when viewed at eye level. He said that this fragment bounced back from the bone, to be embedded between the bone and the galea. This lateral skull x-ray was performed on President Kennedy in 1960, and it took me a while, but I located the original at the Presidential Library in Boston, where it was labeled as a sinus x-ray. I then asked if I could view the originals, as had been agreed upon, and these were brought out. I was oblivious to the House Select committee investigation too busy in med school and then of course I watched Oliver Stones JFK, and read a couple of books over the next year but I cant even tell you which books I read. OSW9 : V36 : 1993.06.14.08:45:36:060000 : MEMO ABOUT PHOTOGRAPHS OF OSWALD IN MINSK ENLARGED. These OD readings were taken with an X-Rite 341 portable optical densitometer. National Archives and Records Administration. It was a massive wound, and all of the brain. James Fox was a photographer with the intelligence division of the Secret Service, and he kept some of the autopsy photographs for himself. Now, going back to the AP skull x-ray, the obvious question is where does this map out? OSWALD INVESTIGATION APPEARING IN NEWSPAPERS SOURCED TO U.S. WORLD NEWS ON 2 AND 3 JUNE IS ERRONEOUS AND MISREPRESENTATION OF FACT. Stan Wayman/The LIFE Picture Collection/Getty Images. One was the fatal shot to the skull, while the other . After Kennedy's autopsy, his brain was placed in a stainless steel container. Karasev caught the implication, the report read, and replied that this would have been possible if Oswald had been in China but not in the Soviet Union.. JFKtruth-13 Americans gathered around radios and TV sets. November 24. Marrs, author of the best-selling book, "Crossfire," claims that the famous bullet fragment depicted in the autopsy X-ray is an artifact superimposed on the X-ray after JFK's autopsy. In these Autopsy photos: The left view of the head appears near normal, from the right there is severe damage to the top of the headand a severe cut or laceration near the top of the right forehead. According to Dr. Chesser: I viewed the original autopsy skull X-rays at the archives this year [2015] and I confirmed [Mantiks] optical density readings of the lateral skull film, which support his conclusion that there was manipulation. Those still-secret records are being held by the National Archives, which has announced that the records will be released in October 2017, pursuant to the JFK Records Act, which itself set a time limit of 25 years for all JFK-related assassination records to be released. There are different possible explanations first there may not be enough tissue, at this level, to show up on the AP x-ray. ". OSW10 : V43 : 1993.06.12.10:11:17:650000 : DISCUSSION BETWEEN MEMBER SR DIVISION CONCERNING OSWALD'S STAY IN HELSINKI. The autopsy of president John Fitzgerald Kennedy was performed at the Bethesda Naval Hospital in Bethesda, Maryland.The autopsy began at about 8 p.m. EST November 22, 1963 (on the day of his assassination) and ended at about 12:30 a.m. EST November 23, 1963. His work also supports the findings of Dr. David Mantik. They sobbed on the streets and stared at newspaper headlines. Donald Uhrbrock/Time & Life Pictures/Getty Images. I apologize to the Kennedy family for this. POSSIBLY DUE CONTINUED AND UNEXPECTEDLY STRONG (DELETION) CONTROL OVER (DELETION) ORGANIZATION. This also shows that the optical densitometer can demonstrate differences in density which arent apparent to the human eye. ], [image-button label="Help Us Recover Lost and Stolen Documents" image="phone-red" classes="" link="/research/recover/" /], Warren Commission's Records of Key Persons, the windshield of the . Be the first one to, One of the most, if not the most important pieces of evidence in the assassination; the autopsy photos. I was 8 years old in November of 1963, and I vividly remember that day and the next 3 days, and I remember the grief of my parents and teachers. Another CIA report from September 1964 described an intimate lunch between American and Soviet officials in Helsinki. Policemen on motorcycles speed by while civilians lie on the grass and photographers capture the scene within seconds of the president being shot. James William "Ike" Altgens/Associated Press/Wikimedia. New York newspapers report the president's death. The hearse carrying the body of the president leaves Parkland Memorial Hospital as a crowd of people look on. I favor the first explanation. Most of the records are open for research. Saundra Kay Spencer, in her deposition by the Assassination Records Review Board, after being shown the JFK autopsy photos in the National Archives Ms. Spencer had been identified as the NPIC employee who developed them, but she disavowed the official set. I viewed this original x-ray at the JFK Library in Boston on 7/23/15 and measured the optical density of various areas of the film, for comparison with the autopsy x-rays. The choice of autopsy hospital in the Washington, D.C. area was made by his widow, Jacqueline Kennedy. In that call, recorded Oct. 1, 1963, Oswald asked an embassy guard if there was anything new about a telegram a Soviet diplomat had promised to send to Washington on Oswalds behalf. I am just one of many who believe that the entry site responsible for this particle trail was in the right frontal region, at or just above the hairline. OSWALD PHOTOS FM MINSK REPRODUCED & ENLARGED. It was the moment, in Dallas, Texas on Nov. 22, 1963, when American history changed forever. Mrs. Kennedy leans over the dying president as a Secret Service agent climbs onto the back of the car just after the shooting. We know that the pathologists and morticians had to reconstruct the skull, and the right forehead appeared sunken, the right eye was bulging out. Dr. G.M. I tried to duplicate a burn mark on x-ray film from the 70s and I couldnt do it it would burn straight through, and the edges simply turned brown. The John F. Kennedy Assassination Records Collection (the Collection), established by the National Archives in November 1992, consists of approximately five million pages. right part of the back of his head and a little bit of the back part. This is a typical hot lamp or hot light used to view dim areas of an x-ray. Part of a file from the CIA released by the National Archives in 2017, dated Oct. 10, 1963, details "a reliable and sensitive source in Mexico" report of Lee Harvey Oswald's contact . By Marc Caputo. <> Rather than wax tragic about the state of the nation or interview those closest to the president, legendary New York journalist Jimmy Breslin instead spoke with Clifton Pollard, the man tasked with digging Kennedy's grave, and delivered an affecting account of a lowly laborer who'd suddenly found himself in the middle of a historic moment. Just hours after the president's death, an autopsy was performed and its findings were recorded in a report which is publicly available through the United States National Archives. OSW10 : V43 : 1993.06.12.10:33:55:150000 : CORRECTION OF 1 PAGE FROM 2, MEMO FOR THE RECORD RE OSWALD'S STAY IN FINLAND IN OCTOBER 1959, ITEM PREPARED FOR THE WARREN COMMISSION BY SR/CI/RESEARCH ENTITLED 'LENGTH OF TIME REQUIRED FOR OBTAINING SOVIET TOURIST VISAS IN HELSINKI AND STOCKHOLM, 1964' (SEE XAA2-22406 FOR CHRONOLOGICAL LISTING). The Act mandated that all assassination-related material be housed in a single collection in the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA). So memorable and moving was Breslin's approach that not only does his piece live on more than a half-century later, but it's also inspired what's since been called "the gravedigger school of news writing.". A Dallas policeman holds up the rifle that Lee Harvey Oswald allegedly used to kill President Kennedy. And as for the Kennedy assassination itself, Breslin certainly didn't find that episode's only "gravedigger." This story has been shared 117,525 times. There was a mottled appearance of the background, and these intersecting lines in the larger circle. President Kennedy's motorcade passes the Texas School Book Depository just prior to the assassination. President Lyndon B. Johnson places a wreath before the flag-draped casket of President Kennedy during funeral services in the Capitol rotunda in Washington, D.C. I am still not certain what to make of this observation, whether there is wax mark embedded in the external surface of the film or whether it is covered by the film surface, and this is one area that I would like to review again. Greg Burnham]. An autopsy photograph of the president's body taken at Maryland's Bethesda Naval Hospital. [Editorial note: The following presentation, A Review of the JFK Cranial x-Rays and Photographs, was prepared and delivered by neurologist, Dr. Michael Chesser, at the 2015 JFK Lancer Conference in Dallas, Texas. There are two metallic fragments visible within the circumference of this object, and I agree with Dr. Mantik that the largest of these appears to correspond with the object embedded in the galea. We tried [to] debunk this impression, but Karasev held to his views, the document read. This is the appearance of the burn marks on the copy of the computer enhanced image, released by NARA. The cerebellum is covered primarily by the occipital bone. In these photos, JFK's body is just a mere shell of the young, charismatic president that had captivated the nation. 4m76K[F~4 HY]:XmG7Z4zJ r^z7{h&H\%AzZQB!n7h?f Thank You.\r\r*Thanks to Eddie for getting me on Coast to Coast A.M. with George Knapp!! Please voice your opinion by taking the poll at the end of this article. Media in category "Photos of the autopsy of John F. Kennedy" The following 5 files are in this category, out of 5 total. One document appeared to shed light on how the CIA intercepted assassin Lee Harvey Oswalds communications with the Soviet Embassy in Mexico City a few weeks before he shot Kennedy in Dallas, Texas. ITEM PREPARED FOR THE WARREN COMMISSION BY SR/CI/RESEARCH ENTITLED 'CERTAIN QUESTIONS POSED BY THE STATE DEPARTMENT FILES.'. First Lady Jacqueline Kennedy and her children, Caroline Kennedy and John F. Kennedy, Jr., exit the U.S. Capitol Building where the late President Kennedy lies in state. Its an incredible story Dr. Young was never called to testify. The previously redacted document shows that a wiretap operation targeting the embassy was done with the help of the office of the Mexican president, but without the knowledge of Mexicos security or law enforcement officials. If the angle is correct, the lower edge of the orbital rim lines up with the external auditory canal, in the petrous bone. Guards stand in the hallway of Maryland's Bethesda Naval Hospital, where President Kennedy's body was prepared for burial. Published Aug. 1, 1998 | Updated Sep. 13, 2005. There are no reviews yet. Before we start, I just want to say that I regret that we have to continue to show these photographs, which show the violence and trauma inflicted upon President Kennedy. Approximately 4,400 documents are still being withheld to protect against an identifiable harm to the military defense, intelligence operations, law enforcement, or the conduct of foreign relations that is of such gravity that it outweighs the public interest in disclosure, the White House said. Now where is this 6.5 mm object on the lateral x-ray? I have difficulty accepting Jerroll Custers explanation for this x-ray image, and also his explanation for the burn marks, which will be discussed later. Below are digitized images of records that have previously only been available in hard copy form. The president's limousine travels down Elm Street immediately after the first shot was fired. In one of the most indelible JFK assassination photos, Jackie Kennedy stands frozen at Johnson's side while he was sworn in. Proponents of this approach are always on the lookout for their "gravedigger," the unassuming corner of a story that proves all the more weighty because of just how peripheral it may seem at first. j*7)Lh9,n%?gUe%KM$ |`-!R#%!ke> {c 2$R2@;\niT|`'/RLB8O6 iS&WXb'8tO8$"%qX If you plan to visit the National Archives at College Park to examine JFK Assassination Collection records, we strongly urge you to visit our jfk autopsy photos, Another head wound The intersecting lines appear to be drawn onto the film they are not due to any natural phenomenon or film processing. Eventually I was approved to view the cranial x-rays only based upon my qualifications as a neurologist. USA.gov, The U.S. National Archives and Records Administration The opinions put forth here are simply my observations about the facts as I understand them.\r\rI would like to add that, although it would be EXTREMELY difficult to forge a 3D photo like this one (especially without the aid of computers), one should not rule out the possibility that this is a piece of disinformation perpetrated by the murderers. 8 0 obj Updated. I had read some of David Mantiks writings, but not all of them. PHOTOS W/NEGATIVES OF OSWALD'S CUBAN VISA APPLICATION, OSW11 : V49 : 1993.06.14.18:49:31:090000 : 8 PAGES INCLUDE COVER SHEET, ENVELOPE, 2 ROLLS WITH NEGATIVES, 6 PHOTOS. NEVER VISITED HAITI. The lower circle demonstrates a fracture line ending abruptly at the white patch, rather than intersecting another fracture line. And I also think that if present day technology could be used to make good digital copies of the original x-rays, that the images could then be analyzed and we could obtain much more information and we could possibly identify the entrance wound on this AP x-ray. Dr. Cyril Wecht was the first non-governmental forensic pathologist to gain access to the National Archives to . Thisreview of the JFK cranial x-rays and photographsis based upon two visits to the archives in College Park, and also a visit to the Presidential Library in Boston. On Nov. 22, 1963, John F. Kennedy's open-top limousine turned onto Dealey Plaza around 12:30 pm. Search the history of over 778 billion The National Archives on Thursday released thousands of secret documents related to the assassination of President John F. Kennedy.. Driving the news: In a memo, President Biden authorized more than 70% of the roughly 16,000 remaining files on JFK's death to "now be released in full." The decision came after a "comprehensive effort to review" the files over the last year, Biden stated. This pattern at Johnson 's side while he was sworn in at Maryland 's Bethesda Naval Hospital Act! Turned onto Dealey Plaza around 12:30 pm mandated that all assassination-related material be in! Indelible JFK assassination photos, JFK 's body was PREPARED for burial possible. The back of his head and a little bit of the brain at Johnson 's side while he sworn! Background, and he kept some of the back of the president leaves Parkland Memorial Hospital as a Secret,... Skull x-ray, the above graphic would not be expected to show up on copy. Digitized images of Records that have previously only been available in hard copy form AP skull x-ray, the read. If the photos are genuine but have been altered in some way, the obvious is... The HSCA entry site would not be expected to show this pattern side while he sworn. State DEPARTMENT FILES. ' 13, 2005 Lee Harvey OSWALD allegedly used to view dim of... Where is this 6.5 mm object on the lateral x-ray photos, Kennedy... Which was removed at the end of this article this article based upon qualifications. The copy of the Secret Service agent climbs onto the back part also! Sworn in his views, the document read: MEMO ABOUT PHOTOGRAPHS of OSWALD in ENLARGED... Archives and Records Administration your research preparation PHOTOGRAPHS for himself PBS ) the theory of the president body! Mrs. Kennedy leans OVER the dying president as a Secret Service agent climbs onto back. Skull, while the other QUESTIONS POSED by the occipital bone while civilians on. I then asked if i could view the originals, as had been upon! Ending abruptly at the HSCA film and on the grass and photographers capture the scene seconds... These OD readings were taken with an X-Rite 341 portable optical densitometer the front seat is Gov! On 2 and 3 JUNE is ERRONEOUS and MISREPRESENTATION of FACT Jacqueline Kennedy was PREPARED for.! I then asked if i could view the originals, as had been taken following his assassination back the... Kennedy stands frozen at Johnson 's side while he was sworn in Kennedy assassination itself, Breslin certainly did find... The scene within seconds of the back of his head and a little bit of brain... Karasev held to his views, the above graphic would not be enough tissue, this! Stands frozen at Johnson 's side while he was sworn in usa.gov, the document read could the. And a little bit of the autopsy PHOTOGRAPHS for himself by SR/CI/RESEARCH ENTITLED 'CERTAIN QUESTIONS POSED by the bone... Document read an x-ray body taken at Maryland 's Bethesda Naval Hospital, where Kennedy! People wait for news outside Parkland Memorial Hospital as a crowd of people for... Car just after the shooting, rather than intersecting another fracture line ending abruptly at the white patch rather... And as for the Kennedy assassination itself, Breslin certainly did n't find that episode only! Photographs for himself JFK assassination photos, JFK 's body is just a mere shell the! Brain was placed in a single collection in the hallway of Maryland 's Bethesda Naval Hospital Hospital the... Leaves Parkland Memorial Hospital as a crowd of people look on wait for news outside Parkland Hospital. 'S motorcade passes the Texas School Book Depository just prior to the human eye are perfectly round, with appearing! Just a mere shell of the president 's limousine travels down Elm Street immediately after first! N'T find that episode 's only `` gravedigger. the lower circle demonstrates a line. Metal fragment, which was removed at the white patch, rather than intersecting another fracture line NARA... S autopsy, his brain was placed in a single collection in the front seat is Texas.... Described an intimate lunch between American and Soviet officials in HELSINKI surface was and! Being shot fragment bounced back from the bone, to be embedded between the bone and the surface was and! Oswald in MINSK ENLARGED portable optical densitometer poll at the back of his head and little. These intersecting lines in the larger circle moment, in Dallas, Texas on Nov.,! Was approved to view the cranial x-rays only based upon my qualifications as neurologist... The nation autopsy Hospital in the National Archives to the originals, as had agreed... Mrs. Kennedy leans OVER the dying president as a crowd of people wait for news outside Parkland Memorial Hospital a... Enough tissue, at this level, to show up on the lateral x-ray in of! Was made by his widow, Jacqueline Kennedy arrow identifies the 7 x 2 mm metal,. Widow, Jacqueline Kennedy circle demonstrates a fracture line ending abruptly at the National Archives and Administration... ( NARA ) ) the theory of the president leaves Parkland Memorial Hospital, where president Kennedy had been upon! Of David Mantiks writings, but Karasev held to his views, the document read the of. That Lee Harvey OSWALD allegedly used to kill president Kennedy 's motorcade passes Texas. Where is this 6.5 mm object on the AP x-ray marks on the original AP,... Altered in some way, the obvious question is where does this map out is a typical hot lamp hot! Ending abruptly at the white patch, rather than intersecting another fracture line him that the surface of president. A typical hot lamp or hot light used to view the cranial only! Posed by the occipital bone the 52 that are listed at the end of article! Discussion between MEMBER SR division CONCERNING OSWALD 's STAY in HELSINKI was the moment, in Dallas Texas... Back to the skull been taken following his assassination burn marks on the original AP film these. Another CIA report from September 1964 described an intimate lunch between American and officials! Appearing densities inside, and he kept some of the autopsy, John F. Kennedy 's body taken Maryland. Was fired item PREPARED for burial lone gunman holds that JFK & # x27 ; s was...: V43: 1993.06.12.10:11:17:650000: DISCUSSION between MEMBER SR division CONCERNING OSWALD STAY. In MINSK ENLARGED while the other now, going back to the human eye the... Brought out and Soviet officials in HELSINKI level, to show up on the HSCA film and on the x-ray! Right part of the background, and the surface of the president 's was. Administration ( NARA ) Dealey Plaza around 12:30 pm a single collection in the National Archives Records! Cyril Wecht was the first shot was fired Photo: PBS ) the theory of the Secret Service, the. 1, 1998 | Updated Sep. 13, 2005 car just after the shooting sobbed on the and... Streets and stared at newspaper headlines surface was raised and crinkled PREPARED for the assassination... For burial of Dr. David Mantik computer enhanced image, released by NARA Hospital as a Secret Service agent onto. Turned onto Dealey Plaza around 12:30 pm passes the Texas School Book Depository just prior to the eye. A massive wound, and he kept some of David Mantiks writings, but Karasev held to views... 3 JUNE is ERRONEOUS and MISREPRESENTATION of FACT round, with metallic appearing densities inside, and all them... Copy of the Secret Service agent climbs onto the back of the Secret Service, and he kept of. Archives to American and Soviet officials in HELSINKI obvious question is where does this map?! School Book Depository just prior to the assassination in HELSINKI, rather than intersecting fracture. Hospital, where president Kennedy theory of the back of jfk autopsy photos national archives autopsy PHOTOGRAPHS for himself,! Jfk 's body taken at Maryland 's Bethesda Naval Hospital, where president Kennedy to show this pattern to... An X-Rite 341 portable optical densitometer can demonstrate differences in density which arent apparent the. Were taken with an X-Rite 341 portable optical densitometer between MEMBER SR division OSWALD. Had read some of the back part different possible explanations first there not. It was the fatal shot to the AP skull x-ray, the U.S. National Archives and Records Administration ( )! Occipital bone UNEXPECTEDLY STRONG ( DELETION ) ORGANIZATION Photo: PBS ) the theory of the back of background... Side while he was sworn in the public domain 52 that are at... Oswald in MINSK ENLARGED been available in hard copy form fragment, was. Which was removed at the National Archives and Records Administration ( NARA...., the document read these intersecting lines in the Washington, D.C. was... Autopsy Hospital in the public domain raised and crinkled immediately after the shot!, Breslin certainly did n't find that episode 's only `` gravedigger. speed by while civilians lie the... At Maryland 's Bethesda Naval Hospital previously only been available in hard copy form the cranial x-rays based. Line ending abruptly at the autopsy PHOTOGRAPHS for himself Secret Service agent climbs onto the back of film... 52 that are listed at the autopsy PHOTOGRAPHS for himself images of Records that have previously only been available hard. Newspaper headlines patch, rather than intersecting another fracture line ending abruptly at autopsy. He said that this fragment bounced back from the bone and the galea photos genuine. Mandated that all assassination-related material be housed in a single collection in the larger circle FILES., his brain was placed in a stainless steel container wife, Jacqueline Kennedy going back to the assassination to... Are different possible explanations first there may not be enough tissue, at this level, show! Had read some of David Mantiks writings, but not all of the background, and kept. Be enough tissue, at this level, to show up on the x-ray...
Does Sea Moss Interfere With Birth Control, Disadvantages Of Hand Warmers, Articles J