void. The code runs with no errors but the button is not shown. Floating Player for Chrome is a tiny extension that allows you to overlay (float) a video over your current window. I'm trying to develop a Extension for Google Chrome, but I have some problems, I want to launch or create a new window when user click on it in the icon. If a window has an id, This id is used to remember the size and position of the window whenever it is moved or resized. Defaults to true. The callback parameter looks like: If you continue to face issues, we encourage you to share your feedback, where our team can engage to understand and address your feedback.". What did it sound like when you played the cassette tape with programs on it? You can use this API to create, modify, and rearrange windows in the browser. (left: Frame coloring is only available if the frame type is chrome. Timeline for migration from Manifest V2 to Manifest V3. Did you verify the listener is attached on the element (use devtools panel for event listeners or getEventListeners command in console)? This Chrome extension gives you the YouTube floating full screen you didn't know you needed Advertisement Floating Player for Chrome. The latest version of Firefox also includes an extension button that makes it easier to track and control which permissions extensions have access to. In Chrome extension, I only found chrome.pageAction.setPopup and chrome.browserAction.setPopup can be used to show popup windows, but they show popups only when the page action's icon or browser action's icon is clicked, not the context menu. Learn more in our privacy policy. () Site design / logo 2023 Stack Exchange Inc; user contributions licensed under CC BY-SA. All of these methods allows you (your extension) to open a new window/dialog, and handle the logic from that page. Hide the window. () To subscribe to this RSS feed, copy and paste this URL into your RSS reader. I know that panels are being taken out of the chrome extensions, and that it is no longer possible to use them as floating "always on top" windows. To subscribe to this RSS feed, copy and paste this URL into your RSS reader. "browser.actions" is now just "actions" etc. Site design / logo 2023 Stack Exchange Inc; user contributions licensed under CC BY-SA. Connect and share knowledge within a single location that is structured and easy to search. Outer bounds include the window's title bar and frame. Can I (an EU citizen) live in the US if I marry a US citizen? 4.0/5 2. Note, this should be listened to from a window other than the window being closed, for example from the background page. You can snap this window anywhere on the screen, even outside chrome right on your desktop. If true, the newly-created window's 'window.opener' is set to the caller and is in the same unit of related browsing contexts as the caller. Site design / logo 2023 Stack Exchange Inc; user contributions licensed under CC BY-SA. () () The ID of the tab to add to the new window. The callback parameter looks like: So I am wondering if there are some other ways to create a popup window in Chrome extension. If set, the windows.Window returned is filtered based on its type. Used to specify the initial position, initial size and constraints of the window's content (excluding window decorations). By clicking Post Your Answer, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy. Find centralized, trusted content and collaborate around the technologies you use most. MV3 will be supported on Firefox to facilitate cross-platform extension development, but Mozilla will take a different route than Google regarding security and privacy. Either picture-in-picture needs to work for arbitrary elements, which would be really awesome, or chrome extensions should be able to make floating-on-top windows (they used to). Many expressed concern when uBlock Origin and ad blockers would lose some privacy-related functionality when MV3 rolled out to Google Chrome. What follows is the code for the button that is stored on my https://localhost (the code is taken from this tutorial https://www.kirupa.com/html5/drag.htm the only change I made is changing the items from id (#) to class (. Can you focus a popup window from a Chrome Extension. => {}. By clicking Accept all cookies, you agree Stack Exchange can store cookies on your device and disclose information in accordance with our Cookie Policy. Without going too far into the weeds with technical details, the main takeaway is that developers will be able to continue to create cross-platform extensions that work on Firefox and Chrome without Mozilla's browser restricting ad blocking and other content blocking. I think they are using panels right now. If there are multiple windows of this kind, the currently focused window will be in the foreground. This option has no effect if the window already has focus. as far as I can see nothing fails. The latest version of the browser enables Manifest Version 3 by default, which is the next generation of WebExtensions. We have a guide to help you get started with Edge if you're new to Microsoft's browser. The setVisibleOnAllWorkspaces function looks like: New York, 4. The effect lasts until the user changes focus to the window. Kyber and Dilithium explained to primary school students? => {}, The focus function looks like: They are not associated with any Chrome browser windows. My Extension works best with the following browsers: Official website of the University of California, San Diego. chrome.app.window. void. Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers. () Ad blockers are among the most popular extensions on a wide range of browsers. What are the "zebeedees" (in Pern series)? How were Acorn Archimedes used outside education? Is it okay to insert an