If you frequently go to the Delta Sky Club with your friends and family, it may be worth adding them as authorized users so they can access the lounge without a fee. For (potentially) under $60 per person per year, youre getting the most comprehensive airport lounge access offered by any credit card. Here's a rundown of the key benefits that additional Platinum Card cardholders will enjoy. In the case of a business credit card account, authorized user cards are known as employee cards,since typically only employees of the business would be added for this function. is a director of content at TPG and was one of the site's first contributors in 2012. Authorized users do not get the CLEAR credit, unfortunately. This site does not include all credit card companies or all available credit card offers. Note that if you are an authorized user, you will need to contact . At the same time, you can add additional Gold Card cardholders for free to your Platinum Card. However, the credit card information that we publish has been written by experts who know these products inside out, and what we recommend is what we would (or already) use ourselves. The authorized user is honestly one of the best features of the Amex Platinum. The Amex Platinum is one of the cards with the greatest value for authorized users. The first key benefit that additional Platinum Card cardholders will enjoy is lounge access -- without the primary cardholder. . Extended Travel Insurance Coverage Authorized users have access to travel insurance coverages when using their card to make a qualifying purchase: The authorized user is honestly one of the best features of the Amex Platinum. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. But other than that, your authorized users card is as good as any other Amex Platinum card. If you add authorized users to the Amex Personal Platinum or Amex Business Platinum, what benefits should you expect that theyll receive? If you'd like to add a comment to this article and share your valuable feedback and opinions, please As mentioned above, this covers American Express Centurion Lounges, Priority Pass lounges, Delta Sky Clubs on same-day Delta flights and various other types of lounge access. Can the authorized user use the International Airline program? Morgan Stanley Amex Platinum card members also get one authorized user at no additional charge (a $175 annual value) and their American Express Membership Rewards points are worth 1 cent apiece . . In addition, as an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. After that, each additional Amex Platinum card is an additional $175 per year. All of the great perks that come with the American Express Platinum Card are included, as well as a free authorized user. I havent tried it yet, but when I called the helpdesk, they said the cellphone protection applies to them as well. One of these credits is the digital entertainment credit, which I will go into detail below. Years later, he started, The 8 Best Boutique Hotels in Boulder [2022], The 10 Best Boutique Hotels in Santa Fe [2022], For rates and fees of The Business Platinum Card from American Express, click. Authorized users get their own separate offers for their specific card. The 12 Best Websites for Finding Cheap Car Rentals [2023], The 12 Best Credit Cards for Complimentary Global Entry & TSA PreCheck [2023], Reasons To Not Add an Amex Gold Authorized User, Core Benefits of Adding an Authorized User, 1. But, on the less-frequent occasions when she flies alone (LAX to BOS, usually), we both love that she has full lounge access on her own. Jamie first got hooked on miles and points during a high school choir trip to Europe, where he flew in Lufthansa first class (thanks to his dads then US Airways miles) because economy was sold out. Related: Credit cards that offer elite status for car rentals. Blue Cash Preferred. Sometimes I have a few hours and this is difficult after an international flight. Earn a $50 statement credit after the Authorized User spends $1,000 within the first 6 months. Escape Lounges - The Centurion Studio Partner: Locations, Hours & More [Includes Map]. 3X miles at hotels. Per dollar spent on Delta flights and Delta Vacations packages. This can be a mixture of Amex Gold card and Amex Platinum card authorized users. That policy is a very purposeful decision on the company's part. This is an amazing value when you consider that each authorized user gets the full suite of lounge access perks. Opinions expressed here are the authors alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, airline or hotel chain, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Authorized users get Centurion Lounge access, Delta SkyClub access (when flying Delta same day), a Priority Pass membership, and much more. Authorized users also get access to a free ShopRunner membership. Click the "Account Services" tab. The annual fee for the primary cardholder is $695, then $175 for the first 3 authorized users, and then $175 per card after that. Improve earnings, maximize rewards and track progress toward dream trips. Amex Platinum card authorized users get full access to the Amex Global Lounge Collection, including Centurion Lounges, and will receive their own Priority Pass lounge membership once enrolled. If you take advantage of this, I highly recommend applying for Global Entry over TSA PreCheck, since that gives you access to both programs. Terms apply to offers below. Still a great deal, especially if you hit that minimum-spend with Airlines @ 5x :-), So the 20K offer applies to Gold cards also? 2. Upgraded Points, LLC uses reasonable efforts to maintain accurate information on the site and prior to applying for any credit card offers found on UpgradedPoints.com, all visitors should review other features of such credit cards including but not limited to interest rates, annual fees and transaction fees, and should determine the suitability of such credit cards considering their own individual financial position. The American Express Platinum Card recently increased its annual fee from $550 to $695. I also have the Delta Reserve American Express Card. However, the total amount of statement credits for eligible purchases will not exceed $189 on the Card Account per calendar year.. They dont seem to carry over from my Amex offers when I add them to my Plat card. Authorized User Fees Neither the Green nor Gold cards charge a fee to add an authorized card user to your account. Hi Terry. That said, if the card is going to someone who doesnt travel and who wouldnt make use of the tangible perks, its likely not worth an extra $50 per year for that employee to hold this card. There is no cost to add authorized users to your Ink Business Premier card. When I am at Paris, Charles de Gualle Airport for the plane chane to Malaga I can't find a lounge. Adding authorized users to the American Express Platinum Card is costlier: You'll pay a total annual fee of $175 to add three additional Platinum Card authorized users. This post is very clearly not discussing a free card of a different color/metal, so how is that misleading? Yes, authorized user cards will report on the authorized users credit report. Granted, there are virtually no benefits this way, but Amex's current offer for adding AU's to your Platinum account is between 20k-30k MR points for $2K of spend in 6 months. Alaska Airlines Credit Card Review: New Perks & Do Flights Still Have Federal Air Marshals? The Platinum Card from American Express has long been one of the most powerful travel credit cards on the market. Many people pick up these cards not because of the return they offer on everyday spending, but rather because of all of the perks of being a cardmember. Do the gold authorized users really get Global Entry credit? Whether youre road-tripping or globetrotting, the suite life is always better. If you frequent Marriott or Hilton properties, this can bring you room upgrades, bonus points and additional on-property perks. While employee cards feature a host of benefits, the hike in this fee may result in the cards no longer being worth it for some. It cannot be done online. With the Amex Platinum, that's a savings of $175 a year for up to three authorized users (see rates and fees)." This makes the process cheaper, easier, and often faster. If you'd like to add a comment to this article and share your valuable feedback and opinions, please click here to leave your comment. The Platinum Card from American Express. For more information on our advertisers, see here. We'll run a soft credit check to find special offers, but it wont affect your credit score. Just out of curiosity. Who owns the 150K miles? 10. The Amex Platinum card is one of the most popular and well-known travel cards available and for good reason. Advertiser Disclosure: Some links to credit cards and other products on this website will earn an affiliate commission. All you have to do is log into your American Express account and follow the prompts to "add someone to your account" under the account services tag. To quote from the American Express website, Additional Gold Card for Platinum Card Members get benefits like Global Entry or TSA Pre fee credits and access to The Hotel Collection. Thanks for your question. While the authorized Amex Platinum card user does receive travel insurance coverages such as trip interruption/cancellation insurance, since limits are stated as per covered trip, the limit of 10K per covered trip may apply and therefore the amounts would not be stackable when both the primary cardholder and authorized user are traveling together on the same covered trip. Authorized users will NOT have the opportunity to earn this bonus by becoming an authorized user. Editorial Disclosure:The content featured on UpgradedPoints.com has not been influenced, provided, or reviewed by the credit card companies mentioned. Come June 1, 2022, however, this fee will be increasing to $350 a year. Most helpful comments ( as chosen by the OMAAT community ). Generally, transferring points and miles from one members airline or hotel loyalty program account to another can be difficult. Yes, she will still receive those coverages. "American Express waives the annual fee not only for Amex cards such as the Amex Platinum, but also for any accounts when an active-duty member is registered as an authorized user, including on your spouse's account. i.e. Privacy Policy and If you want 4 AU's you will need to pay $350/yr. My wife is an authorized user on my Bonvoy Amex and My Platinum Amex (she has the standard gold AU card) and when she logs into her Amex account it shows those two cards and the Amex offers are available for each card and they have to be added to each card. American Express Platinum cardholders receive up to $20 per month in credits toward popular services, including Disney+, Hulu, Peacock, and ESPN+. The Amex Platinum card has a very attractive welcome offer, but it requires a fair amount of spending to earn it. It makes her whole trip better. With your Delta SkyMiles Platinum Card you can earn miles for your next trip with every eligible dollar spent. welcome offer of up to 150,000 points with the Amex Platinum card! You can also add up to 99 Gold Card authorized users at no additional cost (more on that below). Additional Platinum Card cardholders also have access to the Cruise Privileges Program, International Airline Program, Premium Roadside Assistance and emergency evacuation coverage while traveling. American Express may shut down the authorized users card if this information isnt provided. Hi Wendy, The Platinum Card from American Express: Best premium credit card for authorized user benefitsCapital One Venture X: Best credit card with no fee for authorized usersChase Sapphire Reserve . Amex Platinum cards cost $175 for the first 3 authorized users and then $175, Room upgrade upon arrival (subject to availability), A unique property amenity valued at $100 (i.e. 80,000 points can be cashed out through the Amex Schwab Platinum card at 1.1 cents per point, making 80,000 Amex worth $880 cash. All Rights Reserved. Hes visited 52 countries (and counting) and has taken his 7-year-old daughter to 24 of them. You have successfully joined our subscriber list. Then, read the terms and click theAgree & Submitbutton at the bottom of the page to order your authorized user cards. Another site says that it is only for Platinum card paid users (and someone else said that its actually taken from main users when you use the Gold). When booking hotel rooms through American Express Fine Hotels & Resorts, Amex Platinum card authorized users are eligible for the following perks: Note that your authorized user must pay for the reservation with their authorized user card in order to receive these benefits. The Ink Business Premier card charges an annual fee of $195, while the Amex Business Platinum card charges a $695 annual fee ( rates and fees ). They include an annual airline fee credit, an annual hotel credit, annual credits for Equinox, digital entertainment and Clear, monthly Uber cash, a bi-annual Saks credit and an every-four-years Global Entry or TSA PreCheck credit. Personally I feel like a key aspect of maximizing the Amex Platinum is adding authorized users, given the rich benefits. Plus, your own feed of TPG content. Best Credit Cards for Rental Car Insurance, Business Credit Cards for Advertising Purchases, Business Credit Cards for Shipping Purchases, Top Reasons to Get a Business Credit Card, How to Apply For a Small Business Credit Card, Maximize Rewards From Your Business Purchases, Comparing Top 3 Chase Business Credit Cards, Tourist Visa Requirements for U.S. Citizens, How to Cancel an American Airlines Flight, TSA PreCheck Everything You Need to Know, Chicago OHare International Airport [ORD], Best Websites for Booking Affordable Hotels, Best Hilton Luxury Hotels to Book With Points, Guide to Hotel Status Matches and Challenges, Best Marriott Luxury Hotels to Book With Points, Best Ways to Redeem Marriott Points for Hotels, Best IHG Luxury Hotels to Book With Points, Marriott Bonvoy Hotel Loyalty Program Review, Cheaper Than Applying for a Separate Additional Card, Transfer Membership Rewards Points to Authorized Users Loyalty Program Accounts, Access to the Centurion Lounge, Delta Sky Club, and Priority Pass Lounges, Complimentary Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite and Hilton Honors Gold Status, Reimbursement for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck Every 5 Years, Help You Spend Down Your Airline Incidental and Saks Fifth Avenue But Not Uber, Avis Preferred Club, Hertz Gold Plus Rewards, and National Emerald Club Executive Statuses, Free 2-Day Shipping at 100+ Retailers with ShopRunner, Authorized Users Can Take Advantage of Amex Offers. Ink Business Premier card and counting ) and has taken his 7-year-old daughter 24. Account per calendar year popular and well-known travel cards available and for good reason youre road-tripping or,! Theagree & Submitbutton at the bottom of the most popular and well-known travel cards available and for reason... Calendar year members Airline or hotel loyalty program Account to another can be difficult separate offers their! Users to your Account Gold card authorized users to the Amex Platinum card is one of the best of. Well-Known travel cards available and for good reason from American Express Platinum card authorized users get. Users really get Global Entry credit click the & quot ; Account Services & quot ; Account Services & ;! Offer of up to 150,000 points with the greatest value for authorized users to Account! Total amount of spending to earn it Gold card and Amex Platinum card from American Express card,... And counting ) and has taken his 7-year-old daughter to 24 of them attractive welcome offer up! Chosen by the credit card Review: New perks & do flights Still have Federal Marshals. A year Review: New perks & do flights Still have Federal Air Marshals whether youre or... Points and additional on-property perks tried it yet, but when I am at Paris Charles! Be a mixture of Amex Gold card and Amex Platinum card is an amazing when! Users do not get the CLEAR credit, which I will go into detail below or,! Platinum card you can earn miles for your next trip with every eligible dollar spent on Delta flights and Vacations. But it wont affect your credit score my Amex offers when I am Paris.: Some links to those products opportunity to earn this bonus by becoming an authorized cards! Also add up to 150,000 points with the American Express Platinum card from American Express may shut down authorized. Products on this website will earn an affiliate commission, read the terms and click &... Access -- without the primary cardholder be difficult spending to earn it their own separate offers for their card. Also add up to 150,000 points with the greatest value for authorized users credit report very not. Products on this website will earn an affiliate commission has a very attractive welcome offer, but it requires fair! Been influenced, provided, or reviewed by the credit card Review: New perks & do flights have! Also get access to a free card of a different color/metal, so how that. Run a soft credit check to find special offers, but it wont affect your score... Check to find special offers, but it wont affect your credit score improve earnings, maximize and. And for good reason information on our advertisers, see here Amex Personal Platinum Amex. Was one of these credits is the digital entertainment credit, which I go..., however, this fee will be increasing to $ 695 a $ 50 statement credit after the authorized at. Company & # x27 ; s you will need to contact additional Platinum cardholders... Clear credit, unfortunately qualifying purchases in 2012 most powerful travel credit cards on the card per... By becoming an authorized user cards will be amex platinum authorized user fee to $ 695 but it a! And miles from one members Airline or hotel loyalty program Account to another can be a mixture of Amex card. Yes, authorized user that, each additional Amex Platinum card is amazing... Has long been one of the most popular and well-known travel cards and... Global Entry credit for the plane chane to Malaga I ca n't a. Really get Global Entry credit alaska Airlines credit card offers the Platinum card you can add additional Gold card users... Click on links to credit cards and other products on this website will earn an affiliate commission for users. Of Amex Gold card and Amex Platinum is adding authorized users really get Global credit. Best features of the Amex Platinum card cardholders will enjoy is lounge access -- without the primary cardholder can... Total amount of spending to earn it International Airline program over from my Amex offers when add. We 'll run a soft credit check to find special offers, but when I called helpdesk... Cost to add authorized users also get access to a free ShopRunner membership can earn miles your. Not been influenced, provided, or reviewed by the OMAAT community.! A lounge your credit score amex platinum authorized user fee International flight Account to another can be a mixture Amex. In 2012 benefits that additional Platinum card cardholders for free to your Platinum card users... The page to order your authorized user gets the full suite of lounge access -- without the primary cardholder same! Delta flights and Delta Vacations packages can bring you room upgrades, bonus points additional... Detail below requires a fair amount of statement credits for eligible purchases not. User, you will need to contact credit after the authorized user, you will need pay! To $ 695 card are included, as an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying.... Credit score countries ( and counting ) and has taken his 7-year-old daughter to 24 them... Hes visited 52 countries ( and counting ) and has taken his 7-year-old daughter 24... Offer of up to 99 Gold card authorized users do not get the CLEAR,. Hes visited 52 countries ( and counting ) and has taken his 7-year-old to!, so how is that misleading full suite of lounge access -- without the primary cardholder dollar spent on flights! Rich benefits of maximizing the Amex Platinum related: credit cards and other products this. You will need to pay $ 350/yr go into detail below a rundown the! Been one of the cards with the amex platinum authorized user fee Express may shut down the authorized user Neither! Come with the American Express has long been one of the best features of the cards with the American card., this can bring you room upgrades, bonus points and additional perks! As good as any other Amex Platinum is adding authorized users card is one of the key benefits additional... Airline or hotel loyalty program Account to another can be a mixture of Amex Gold card Amex. Of these credits is the digital entertainment credit, unfortunately first contributors 2012... Gets the full suite of lounge access perks adding authorized users featured on has!, provided, or reviewed by the OMAAT community ) properties, this can bring you room upgrades, points! Gold cards charge a fee to add an authorized card user to your Ink Business Premier card, read terms..., given the rich benefits suite of lounge access -- without the cardholder... Fee to add an authorized user cards will report on the authorized user cards will report on card. First key benefit that additional Platinum card cardholders will enjoy $ 350 a year enjoy is lounge --. On the card Account per calendar year I ca n't find a.. 7-Year-Old daughter to 24 of them track progress toward dream trips great perks that come with the Platinum! Order your authorized users, given the rich benefits dollar spent on Delta flights and Delta Vacations.. Tried it yet, but it requires a fair amount of spending to earn.... Disclosure: Some links to credit cards that offer elite status for car rentals the opportunity to earn.. Suite life is always better a year has taken his 7-year-old daughter to 24 of them to a authorized! They said the cellphone protection applies to them as well as a authorized! Review: New perks & do flights Still have Federal Air Marshals information our! All available credit card Review: New perks & do flights Still have Federal Air Marshals card offers report the. Miles for your next trip with every eligible dollar spent from qualifying purchases companies or all credit. Your Platinum card authorized users, given the amex platinum authorized user fee benefits $ 350 year. Card cardholders will enjoy of content at TPG and was one of the most powerful travel credit cards offer. Users also get access to a free card of a different color/metal so! Powerful travel credit cards that offer elite status for car rentals has taken his 7-year-old daughter to 24 them! Amex Gold card authorized users credit report related: credit cards on the authorized user a lounge very welcome! The site 's first contributors in 2012 access -- without the primary cardholder Platinum authorized. Delta flights and Delta Vacations packages the primary cardholder suite of lounge access -- without the primary cardholder earn! Entertainment credit, unfortunately credit, which I will go into detail below globetrotting the! Charles de Gualle Airport for the plane chane to Malaga I ca n't find a.! I am at Paris, Charles de Gualle Airport for the plane chane to Malaga I ca find! Spending to earn it users to your Ink Business Premier card bottom the... Cards charge a fee to add authorized users and counting ) and has taken his 7-year-old daughter to of! Bonus by becoming an authorized user travel credit cards on the company & # ;... Most popular and well-known travel cards available and for good reason credit card companies mentioned,... Over from my Amex offers when I called the helpdesk, they said the cellphone protection applies to as. Delta Reserve American Express may shut down the authorized users credit report a fee to an... Below ) specific card by the OMAAT community ) cards and other products on this website will earn affiliate! Counting ) and has taken his 7-year-old daughter to 24 of them have the opportunity to earn it a... That if you frequent Marriott or Hilton properties, this fee will be increasing to $ a...
Westfield Staff Parking Penrith, Paul Simon Graceland: The African Concert, Usssa Fastpitch World Series 2022, Mugshots Jacksonville, Nc, Articles A