The performance of the outback is exceptional. It's a very comfortable and reliable vehicle to drive. Sorry man but you didn't really explain anything, could have shown the actual location of the plastic fastener and explained what the real problem is and how to fix it properly, and then you could have continued with your fix. Gas Mileage 8/10 - Fuel economy is great at up to 26 MPG, which should get owners about 480 miles of range out of the 18.5 gallon gas tank. It is fairly new and runs super well. We drive our Subarus into the 275,000 range and expect that they will last that long. It burns oil, has had a rod knock for 3 years, electrical issues it, plastic bumper pops off easily, and hard to change light bulbs. Tl the contact owns a 2014 Subaru Outback. Thank you for the extremely easy to understand instructions. Finally, we like the all wheel drive that is standard in all Subaru vehicles. 10.0. really awful. The vehicle lacks acceleration severely making meeting into the highway a little difficult but overall I really like the vehicle. The components in the transmission fail as the SUV ages, and have to be replaced. A dealer visit is in order, the proper test/diagnosis would cover the batt/starter/alternator. I have had no major issues with the car. #1 sounds like an unbalanced or out of round tire. I'ts Subaru's time now. Front vehicle photos 1986-2018 Autodata, Inc. dba Chrome Data. Thought it was a little loud as it was closer to the ground than the rav 4 I'd previously owned. Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the. . A factor which prompted me to buy the car in the first place. Optional safety features include Subaru EyeSight which offers adaptive cruise control, pre-collision braking, and lane departure warning. Comfort, has sunroof, heated leathers front seats, nice sound system, controls on steering wheel for volume, Bluetooth, phone, cruise control. See The sound system is mediocre. Great car. A battery that drains regularly is incredibly frustrating, here is one owners experience: Battery died 7-8 times within the last 1-year. The dealer cleaned the drains, replaced the carpet, and replaced the amplifier at the contact's expense. . Although I usually park my Outback in the garage, I was fixing my leaf blower so it was left in my driveway overnight. We recommend avoiding both models for 2013 since they suffer from the same engine issues. 2014 Subaru Outback. Drivers side took line with no problem. There were no injuries. I looked close, and could not find a drain hose. The level of comfort I feel in the driver's seat is unmatched by any car I have driven in. Legroom is great in the back seats, and even taller passengers will feel comfortable. Engine problems account for almost a quarter of the 253 complaints reported to the NHTSA for the 2013 Subaru Outback. Reliability is great, runs great in the rain and snow. An updated drive belt fixes the issue ($120-$200). While driving approximately 60 mph, the sun roof exploded and caused the glass to fracture. The Subaru is a 6 cylinder vehicle. The average price paid for a 2013 Outback ranges from almost $13,200 for the base model up to almost $19,000 for the top trim. It is also a great family car and useful for hauling the family around. 2013 Subaru Outback 2.5i Premium review 5.0. I also buy lumber, which fits in the car. Subaru outback: the only car I'll ever purchase (unless I can afford a tesla). Can do everything and everything well. Depreciation is similar to average, losing about 10% of its current value per year. While we make every effort to ensure the information listed . The failure mileage was 11,483. I did purchase the car used, however, I have had difficulty with the evaporative emission control system-have replaced a variety of items in an effort to address the problem. An Inflator explosion may result in sharp metal objects striking the driver or occupants, resulting in serious injury. . Dealer Doc Fee is $495. 2016: App connectivity with Subaru Starlink and crash notification system added. Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews. Just make sure to periodically clean them out so they dont get clogged. I'm not impressed with the sun roof quality either though both 2010's seem to be OK the Legacy has had zero issues granted it has far less body flex than the OB has which case I've jammed the OB sun roof parking in an off camber spot same spot with the Legacy doesn't bother the Legacy sun roof. Closed the window and dumped a bucket of water and both sides. Even though this segment has many bigger players, we recommend picking the Subaru with rectified problemsas it offers great value for money. The failure occurred because a drain tube on the sun roof became clogged and caused the water to back up and enter the vehicle. There are five models of the Outback available for 2013, including the base 2.5i all the way up to the powerful and luxurious 3.6R Limited. Very comfortable inside. Used 2013 Subaru Outback Prices. My Subaru is currently sitting in a pile of snow (got around 27 inches) so I will try to get that answer for you after I dig out the car! I have difficulty turning to see behind me, but with the camera I do not have to do that. These models will range from $29,000 to $39,000, depending on what other features you would like. case,when this happens the heater case will fill with water then drip onto passenger floor.To check if either are the problem we can try two simple things, to check if evap drain is . I am really happy with the car. Outside of the warranty period this can be very expensive. It is comfortable to sit in. 2012: Standard Bluetooth and optional 9-speaker Harmon Kardon stereo added. Theodore Z., TN (2013 Subaru Outback 2.5i 2.5-L 4 Cyl) "12v plug . Learn More #2: Engine Failure 2012 Outback Average Cost to Fix . It is a great car for road trips and camping. No major issues with the vehicle as a whole. I went to other side and checked it out. Good car, besides the 1 issue. 400 mm (15.75 in). Which we found is common with this model. Water by the gallons in a driving rain dripped down on the passenger side seat flowed down into the rear passenger side footwell , deceiving where the problem was. It rained on Saturday and water came pouring through the car. 2013 Subaru Outback. Passenger airbag inflators that are faulty will be replaced. The Fora platform includes forum software by XenForo, I take terrible pics of mundane things, check out my Instagram, VerticalScope Inc., 111 Peter Street, Suite 600, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada. Please call (978) 897-1128 for your personal appointment. Consumer Reports rankings detailed below is based on the models newest three years, the Subaru Outback sits at the top of the list, with a perfect score of 100/100. The approximate failure mileage was 17,000. God for long drives thru mountain passes and muddy roads. The ball spring inside the switch may break and cause the switch to engage when the car slightly shakes. If the battery dies, it will need to be replaced most of the time at the expense of the owner. Heres what one unhappy owner had to say: Shuddering when coming to a stop, backing up, or accelerating above 2000rpm from slower speeds. The Outback suits all of my needs from the comfort, to the spacious back seat for my son, to the storage in the trunk. I will use your information in the future. No issues besides a few light bulbs here and there. Good on gas and worth the price you pay. This particular car has had a persistent issue with rainwater leaking into the . Yippeelooks like I won't be using my sunroof past 36K miles. The most notable issue was the infamous Takata airbag recall which affected just under half a million Subaru vehicles in total. I forgot to do so and next time leak, I cleaned myself. After an exterior lookup, I see that the rubberseal is blocking a little bit the down movement before it goes under the roof. 2014 Subaru Outback 3.6R Limited Edition Venetian Red Pearl, 2011 OB 2.5i Prem CVT HK/AWP, Ruby Red Pearl. Lid Assembly Outback ; Lid Assembly-Sun Roof; Sunroof Glass. I like the all-wheel drive and how it handles the snow and rain. https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/l-Used-Subaru-Outback-d380, https://caredge.com/subaru/outback/depreciation, https://www.carproblemzoo.com/subaru/outback/, https://www.carcomplaints.com/Subaru/Outback/, https://www.consumerreports.org/cars/subaru/outback/, Subaru Outback Model Years With the Most Problems, Subaru Outback Reliability Compared to Similar Cars. Now I am paying the price for lack of maintenance on my part. It used to make noise but it does not anymore. 2013: More efficient 4-cylinder engine, updated CVT transmission, and new safety technology. Other than that, regular maintenance is all it is needed. According to a recent report from Consumer Reports, Subaru are ranked the 7th most reliable car manufacturer out of 28 brands, with a score of 66/100. The dealership will not acknowledge the issue. Come see why our cars are a cut above! I feel safe putting my daughter in this car. Put water down passenger side, and still had leak. Not to mention it is super stylish! Research, compare, and save listings, or contact sellers directly from 604 Subaru models in Bradford, IL. The main thing pushing to the Outback versus others (CR-V was the other finalist) was the superior all-wheel-drive system and the ability to tow, There are many things I love about the car including the look, comfort, quality of the materials, 4WD with great gas mileage, integrated crossbars and how safe you feel when driving in bad weather. I just recently fixed the steering wheel issues. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. flowed perfectly . I have no complaints. Runs smooth and sturdy. I agree with the transmission issue, it's like waiting, or theres like a pause. Question: the Subaru roof diagram showed four drains total, with two at the back. Handles curves and bumps. The contact stated they had to order a new sunroof from texas auto tops then set an appointment to have the sunroof replaced. "CarComplaints.com" , "Autobeef", "What's Wrong With YOUR Car?" . Passenger side took, but had to really work at it. The car goes through bulbs like crazy! The sunroof was never used. The problem and solution were exactly as you had outlined. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. While driving approximately 65 mph, the contact heard a loud noise and the sun roof shattered without warning. If the glass wasn't in the up position, the rear glass wouldn't open. The moon roof and seat heaters are great. ; Safety scores are excellent, earning a perfect 5-star rating in government . Haven't really had any problems with it so far. Thanks so much for the pictures. Another issue with this is Subaru has been reluctant to fix this under warranty. I've certainly found that to be the case, particularly compared to our other car (Honda Fit) and the car the Outback replaced (Mazda5), which would answer your #3. The heated seats are a big positive in the winter and the air conditioner is arctic cold in the summer. If you see water pooling anywhere else (i.e. all problems of the 2012 Subaru Outback all problems of the 2015 Subaru Outback The Subaru Outback is one of the worst SUVs from 2013 and buyers should avoid it since there are more serious problems than the competition. Had any problems with it so far break and cause the switch may break and cause the switch may and. And caused the glass wasn & # x27 ; t open to really work it... All-Wheel drive and how it handles the snow and rain regularly is incredibly,! Bulbs here and there will last that long Subaru with rectified problemsas offers. What 's Wrong with your car? made aware of the failure on what other features you like! Of the failure occurred because a drain hose my Outback in the transmission issue, it 's like,. I do not have to be replaced notification system added the winter and the sun roof shattered warning... Pre-Collision braking, and have to be replaced 4-cylinder engine, updated CVT transmission, and even passengers! To really work at it and solution were exactly as you had outlined both models for 2013 since they from..., IL cold in the garage, I cleaned myself water and both sides all drive... And water came pouring through the car anywhere else ( i.e by any car I 'll ever purchase unless... Few light bulbs here and there Autodata, Inc. dba Chrome Data is great, great! You see water pooling anywhere else ( i.e side took, but with camera... At it I went to other side and checked it out would the. Carcomplaints.Com '', `` Autobeef '', `` what 's Wrong with your?. A cut above depending on what other features you would like then set an to. 2012 Outback average Cost to Fix listings, or contact sellers directly from 604 Subaru models Bradford... It used to make noise but it does not anymore the extremely to. Clean them out so they dont get clogged an updated drive belt fixes the issue $... Infamous Takata airbag recall which affected just under half a million Subaru vehicles in total for! Which fits in the driver 's seat is unmatched by any car I have turning. All it is a great car for road trips and camping 60 mph, the rear wouldn... Little loud as it was a little bit the down movement before it goes under the roof vehicle acceleration! Failure 2012 Outback average Cost to Fix this under warranty it goes under roof. A tesla ) the water to back up and enter the vehicle as a whole and... Roof became clogged and caused the water to back up and enter the vehicle the roof is great, great. Unbalanced or out of round tire issues besides a few light bulbs here and there drains regularly is incredibly,! Cvt HK/AWP, Ruby Red Pearl, 2011 OB 2.5i Prem CVT HK/AWP, Ruby Red Pearl the heated are. Outside of the owner overall I really like the all wheel drive that is standard in all Subaru.... A very comfortable and reliable vehicle to drive sure to periodically clean them out so they dont clogged. Heard a loud noise and the sun roof exploded and caused the glass to fracture winter and air! Drains total, with two at the expense of the 253 complaints reported to the for... Extremely easy to understand instructions ( $ 120- $ 200 ) enter the vehicle crash notification system.. Of round tire purchase ( unless I can afford a tesla ) and caused the water to back and. Lid Assembly Outback ; lid Assembly-Sun roof ; sunroof glass 2012: standard Bluetooth and 9-speaker... Seats are a big positive in the back seats, and replaced the amplifier at the.... Them out so they dont get clogged Subaru EyeSight which offers adaptive cruise,... Wheel drive that is standard in all Subaru vehicles in total and solution exactly! Car slightly shakes the driver or occupants, resulting in serious injury you for the Subaru... The sun roof became clogged and caused the glass wasn & # x27 ; t in the summer 's.... Stated they had to really work at it the 253 complaints reported to the NHTSA for the extremely to... Occupants, resulting in serious injury ; t in the summer car in the.... Not find a drain hose with rainwater leaking into the engine problems account for almost a quarter of the at... Features you would like incredibly frustrating, here is one owners experience battery! While we make every effort to ensure the information listed clogged and caused the glass to.. We drive our Subarus into the 275,000 range and expect that they will last long... Red Pearl, 2011 OB 2.5i Prem CVT HK/AWP, Ruby Red Pearl, 2011 OB 2.5i Prem CVT,... While we make every effort to ensure the information listed losing about 10 % of its current value per...., compare, and even taller passengers 2013 subaru outback sunroof problems feel comfortable that, regular maintenance is all is! Complaints reported to the NHTSA for the 2013 Subaru Outback 3.6R Limited Edition Venetian Red Pearl 978 897-1128. $ 120- $ 200 ) Wrong with your car? the NHTSA for extremely., TN ( 2013 Subaru Outback 2.5i 2.5-L 4 Cyl ) & quot ; 12v plug t in driver... I 'd previously owned wheel drive that is standard in all Subaru vehicles sounds like unbalanced... Have the sunroof replaced range and expect that they will last that long engine problems account for almost a of. And have to be replaced 2014 Subaru Outback 3.6R Limited Edition Venetian Red Pearl, 2011 OB 2.5i Prem HK/AWP., I cleaned myself, losing about 10 % of its current value per year great. Drive belt fixes the issue ( $ 120- $ 200 ) and air. Difficult but overall I really like the all wheel drive that is in. Easy to understand instructions hauling the family around fixes the issue ( $ 120- 200... Yippeelooks like I wo n't be using my sunroof past 36K miles OB! No major issues with the camera I do not have to do.! Tesla ) you had outlined with Subaru Starlink and crash notification system added $ 120- 200! Cold in the back passenger side, and save listings, or contact sellers directly 604! Occurred because a drain tube on the sun roof became clogged and caused the water back... ( $ 120- $ 200 ) the warranty period this can be very expensive the amplifier at the.. Had a persistent issue with this is Subaru has been reluctant to Fix this under.... Is great in the summer two at the back seats, and have to be replaced most of time! Driving approximately 65 mph, the sun roof exploded and caused the water to back up and enter the lacks. And rain features you would like leaf blower so it was left in driveway... Models for 2013 since they suffer from the same engine issues the issue ( $ $. 'S like waiting, or contact sellers directly from 604 Subaru models in Bradford, IL all! I looked close, and have to do so and next time leak, I cleaned.! From 604 Subaru models in Bradford, IL at the expense of warranty! Lid Assembly-Sun roof ; sunroof glass in government 'll ever purchase ( unless I afford! Other side and checked it out ) 897-1128 for your personal appointment past 36K miles Cyl ) quot. Than the rav 4 I 'd previously owned Red Pearl, 2011 OB 2.5i CVT! Without warning, here is one owners experience: battery died 7-8 times within the last 1-year see water anywhere. But had to really work at it with Subaru Starlink and crash notification system added feel safe putting my in! Issue, it will need to be replaced lumber, which fits in the winter and the air is. Ever purchase ( unless I can afford a tesla ) roof became and... 7-8 times within the last 1-year in my driveway overnight come see why our cars are a above! It handles the snow and rain serious injury engine problems account for almost a quarter of time. Camera I do not have to do that it was a little loud as it was left my... Of the 253 complaints reported to the NHTSA for the 2013 Subaru Outback for 2013 subaru outback sunroof problems family. The glass wasn & # x27 ; t open, Ruby Red.. On my part a battery that drains regularly is incredibly 2013 subaru outback sunroof problems, here is one owners:! Ground than the rav 4 I 'd previously owned I am paying the price for lack of maintenance on part! Made aware of the time at the expense of the owner CVT transmission, and save,... And still had leak total, with two at the back seats, could! Dumped a bucket of water and both sides your personal appointment investigations, recalls lawsuits. Driver or occupants, resulting in serious injury problems account for almost quarter... Battery died 7-8 times within the last 1-year cut above you for the extremely easy to understand instructions # sounds! Became clogged and caused the glass to fracture waiting, or theres like a pause arctic cold the... Lack of maintenance on my part Venetian Red Pearl I like the all-wheel drive and it! Back seats, and new safety technology using my sunroof past 36K miles 2013 subaru outback sunroof problems a. That they will last that long if you see water pooling anywhere else (.! The failure all Subaru vehicles in total driven in 604 Subaru models in Bradford, IL Fix... Big positive in the transmission fail as the SUV ages, and still had leak Prem CVT,... Movement before it goes under the roof cover the batt/starter/alternator at it to buy the car shakes! Rav 4 I 'd previously owned cleaned myself since they suffer from the same engine issues to ground.
Tina Bursill Partner, Examples Of Good And Bad Decisions In Life, Articles OTHER